The Student Room Group

maths non calculator 4th June

Does anyone know which specific topics to revise for the non calculator paper on monday 4th June, i've done all the revision just can't work out which ones will come under calculator paper and which will be under the non calculator, any help will be really appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

If you have any past papers, look in the calculator one and see which sort of stuff you don't need a calculator for. Thats what Ive done.
Reply 2
Algebra is a lot of non calculator and stuff that is generally more difficult. I think surds are in the non calculator and indices will definitely be in the non calc. I think lengths, area and volume can come up. Erm - that is all I can think of right now. Sorry - I will post later when I have more time.
Laura
Reply 3
l0uis
If you have any past papers, look in the calculator one and see which sort of stuff you don't need a calculator for. Thats what Ive done.

yeh i've been through the past papers but obviously not all the papers have all the topics so there's still many im unsure of!!
Reply 4
btw have any of u tried this 'maths watch' cd it's awesome im in luv with it lol, i alwys wondered how to revise maths the most u can do really is go through past papers but this CD is jus sooooooo usefull its an audio cd and the woman goes through every single topic by grade it's like having a personal tutor if not better :smile: would really recommend it, try and get hold of it i purchased it from school for only £3 and its sooo worth it!!
Reply 5
Yeah I have it, it's not an audio cd. I have it on my hard drive basically its a video tutorial to everything in maths, about 500mb. Put it on my usb from my teachers usb. He said its illegal to share it with students due to blah blah but he still gave it to everyone coz he said he cares about our education.
Reply 6
gah >_> godamn our school again... do you know a way to share it ? bittorent perhaps.. maybe its too late :frown:
ye man if this cd is as good as you say it is I NEED IT lol
Reply 8
It's too late just give up hope on it, forget it, that's its over. There's no way for you to get it unless. Unless... Unless.

Nope, sorry there's no way.
Reply 9
such a caring and friendly guy arent you Samy lol

rather than trying to get the CD man, try to just use the time wisely and go through notes which you do have...
After going through a load of past papers, here are some topics for Edexcel's syllabus to go over in preparation of Paper 5:

- vectors
- transformations
- surds
- sin/cos graphs
- cumulative frequency graphs
- histograms
- powers
- standard form
- bearings
- factorising

There's a helluva lot more but those ones are definite ones to consider going over.

I suck with surds. :frown:
Reply 11
Gah, I'm dreading this exam! I'm with AQA for this, anyone else?
Reply 12
Panic Panic !!!
I am doing the OCR maths on 4th June :maths c terminal unit intermediate tier...

Is this definetly non calculator??

I cant find anything for OCR!!!

Please please anybody HELP!!!!
I havent revised enough!!! Im so screwed.
*Mr.$andhu*
Gah, I'm dreading this exam! I'm with AQA for this, anyone else?
Me too :wavey:

I'm feeling quite confident about it, having seen the grade boundaries for the previous exam papers. I need a B to continue Maths at college, but I reckon I can get higher than that (providing the questions are kind to me).
Reply 15
F4R4H
btw have any of u tried this 'maths watch' cd it's awesome im in luv with it lol, i alwys wondered how to revise maths the most u can do really is go through past papers but this CD is jus sooooooo usefull its an audio cd and the woman goes through every single topic by grade it's like having a personal tutor if not better :smile: would really recommend it, try and get hold of it i purchased it from school for only £3 and its sooo worth it!!

YES I HAVE THAT MATHS WATCH CD! the explanations are brill!! apart from the womens voice makes me laugh most of the time she has a funny accent!!! i would recommend to all those taking gcse maths next year as you probs cant get it now!
Reply 16
Talk about rubbing it in towards Equinox30o0 and Adlondo.
Reply 17
does anyone know wot the edexcel grade boundaries are for maths?
Reply 18
Yeah I also wanna know.
Reply 19
I haven't started Maths revision yet. I will tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending