The Student Room Group

No kiss 3rd date

Please keep anon or delete.

So I met a guy from a dating site recently and have been on 3 dates with him. So far he seems like a complete catch and I like him alot. The only thing is that he hasn't kissed me yet and I am now starting to worry that he is not interested.

I went to his house for dinner on the 3rd date and a member of his family was there. I don't think a guy would invite someone over and spend part of it with a member of his family if he wasn't serious, but also don't think he wouldn"t kiss me if he was interested. He does not seem to be shy or inexperienced with women but he does like a gentleman type, we are both in our 20's.

I really want to know what is going on in his head but I feel like it would make things awkward to bring the subject up. Any thoughts?
Reply 1
Personally, I usually make the move by the 3rd date. However, if he is the gentleman type as you say, 3 dates in and no kiss isn't a big deal. He invited you to his house and cooked you dinner - he's definitely interested. Don't bring the subject up haha, you've got to let things progress by themselves and not force it. He'll make the move soon enough.
People are different. I would think it unusual, but he seems serious. Is there anything stopping you kissing him? Is it touchy feely yet? He might be shy, it manifests itself in different forms. Stop worrying and go with the flow..
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
People are different. I would think it unusual, but he seems serious. Is there anything stopping you kissing him? Is it touchy feely yet? He might be shy, it manifests itself in different forms. Stop worrying and go with the flow..

WEll i think if he wanted to kiss me then he would have. Also i am quite traditional and like the man to make the first move. On our second date he touched my shoulder a few times when talking to me and he gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek to greet me and say goodbye but that is about it. Isn't it desperate for a woman to initiate a kiss?
Original post by Anonymous
WEll i think if he wanted to kiss me then he would have. Also i am quite traditional and like the man to make the first move. On our second date he touched my shoulder a few times when talking to me and he gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek to greet me and say goodbye but that is about it. Isn't it desperate for a woman to initiate a kiss?

But you're making a thread complaining about it so obviously you are 'desperate' then aren't you?

Just kiss the :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:er on the lips next time you are saying goodbye to him. Oh My God. this is such a non-issue it just frustrates me.

Unless he was shy. Touching (not groping) can make things seem a bit more familiar. Why dont you say you cna kiss me if youd like... obviously he might not want to, but then you know either way. Its 3 days, which isnt very long imo. perhaps the kiss on the cheek was a test and he will work up to more. Just be patient and then if it doesnt go anywhere ask him about it.
Reply 6
Original post by TorpidPhil
But you're making a thread complaining about it so obviously you are 'desperate' then aren't you?

Just kiss the :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:er on the lips next time you are saying goodbye to him. Oh My God. this is such a non-issue it just frustrates me.

That was really rude. If my thread frustrated you then don't know why you bothered to reply only to be nasty. It doesn't make me desperate to ask for advice.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Unless he was shy. Touching (not groping) can make things seem a bit more familiar. Why dont you say you cna kiss me if youd like... obviously he might not want to, but then you know either way. Its 3 days, which isnt very long imo. perhaps the kiss on the cheek was a test and he will work up to more. Just be patient and then if it doesnt go anywhere ask him about it.

Yeah 3 dates is not very long, just seems strange I have been to his house for dinner and spending some time with his family before even kissing.
Would it be acceptable to give him a peck on the lips at this stage or wait until he makes a move? How long is too long to wait?
Yeah 3 dates is not very long, just seems strange I have been to his house for dinner and spending some time with his family before even kissing.
Would it be acceptable to give him a peck on the lips at this stage or wait until he makes a move? How long is too long to wait?

If you get a bit more toucht feely and its not happened by the 5th date, then why not say either would you like to kiss me, or you cna kiss me. If hes giben you a peck on the cheek id think it would happen he;s just being reserved. has he had gfs before? Honestly do what you feel comfy with, things wont come crashing down.

Dont worry just enjoy your time.
Kiss him yourself(small peck if he seems shy).
Reply 10
Just look adorably cute next time and at an appropriate moment say "are you going to kiss me".
Simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending