The Student Room Group

Getting As

Does anyone have any tips to help me get Bs or even As in my AS Levels this year? I'm taking OCR Biology and Chemistry and AQA German. I've been getting mainly Cs in the sciences and Bs in German.

Original post by MiracleLeaf
Does anyone have any tips to help me get Bs or even As in my AS Levels this year? I'm taking OCR Biology and Chemistry and AQA German. I've been getting mainly Cs in the sciences and Bs in German.

With chemistry and biology it's vital that you understand the content as best as you can as both have application questions. Learn the content inside out so that you have the background knowledge. However, something that is probably vital is doing past papers. They are the key to success in the sciences as they not only teach you what to expect, but teach you to apply your knowledge to unknown situations. Analyse the mark scheme, understand what the examiners are looking for as they can be very picky. Practice is key here, as it's not all just memorisation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
With chemistry and biology it's vital that you understand the content as best as you can as both have application questions. Learn the content inside out so that you have the background knowledge. However, something that is probably vital is doing past papers. They are the key to success in the sciences as they not only teach you what to expect, but teach you to apply your knowledge to unknown situations. Analyse the mark scheme, understand what the examiners are looking for as they can be very picky. Practice is key here, as it's not all just memorisation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thank you :smile: So if I used flashcards then past papers, I should be good? :P

Quick Reply

Latest