The Student Room Group

Bf's friends don't like me

I need some advice, only a few of my boyfriend's friends like me (one of them apparently had a thing for me at one point which is the only reason he likes me), but the ones who don't are all on his course at college and I don't think I've done anything wrong (I turned him down twice before we got together because I'd only just recently come out of a previous relationship). But all of his friends absolutely loved his ex yet she used to teat him really bad and use him and I don't think I do this and my friends have all said I don't. I just don't know what to do
Don't try to please them, let them know you are your own woman who has her own standards and will not relax them to appease his friends. They may not like you anymore, but they will respect you.
Original post by Charles_2nd
Don't try to please them, let them know you are your own woman who has her own standards and will not relax them to appease his friends. They may not like you anymore, but they will respect you.

Okay thanks I did debate about doing this but I didn't wanna put my bf into any awkward positons
Be polite if you have to see them, and like the other person said, don't appease to his friends if they don't like you. if they don't like you, tough ****. Let your bf know that they don't like you so ask if you could minimise the time you have to spend with them.
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Be polite if you have to see them, and like the other person said, don't appease to his friends if they don't like you. if they don't like you, tough ****. Let your bf know that they don't like you so ask if you could minimise the time you have to spend with them.

Good advice bredda.

Is your name Hussain btw,are you Asian Muslim? Studying a PhD in chemistry? At Royal Holloway or imperial.
Original post by Anonymous
Good advice bredda.

Is your name Hussain btw,are you Asian Muslim? Studying a PhD in chemistry? At Royal Holloway or imperial.

Lol, what? What makes you say that? I'm an undergraduate chemist at Bristol :tongue:
There are only 2 people in your relationship and that is you and your boyfriend. If someone else isn't happy about it it really shouldn't matter as long as you two are happy. I know it can be awkward and if it starts to interfere with your relationship then tell him how you feel. Honesty is always the best policy x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by MysteryGirl45
I need some advice, only a few of my boyfriend's friends like me (one of them apparently had a thing for me at one point which is the only reason he likes me), but the ones who don't are all on his course at college and I don't think I've done anything wrong (I turned him down twice before we got together because I'd only just recently come out of a previous relationship). But all of his friends absolutely loved his ex yet she used to teat him really bad and use him and I don't think I do this and my friends have all said I don't. I just don't know what to do

Meh, :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: them, your boyfriend likes you and that's that

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are going out with him. You cant make them like you, but dont give them an excuse not to. Talk to your bf about it if they do anything out of order and if he is a man he should have a word and make sure they behave civily towards you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending