Visit website
Reply 1
You will probably be older than most but you shouldn't be the oldest. xx
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'll be 20 when I start. Not that much younger than you!
Reply 3
Broadgate has a fair number of second, third and fourth year students so you probably won't be even the oldest undergrad.
Reply 4
I'll be a 22 year old Undergrad, just a month away from my 23rd birthday! So, no! :smile:
Reply 5
Whereabouts in Canada you from Sacha?

I'm looking to emigrate to Calgary area in the next couple of years.
Reply 6
i'm from vancouver, but lived in Calgary for a year. it is a fun city, with loads of people moving there (thanks to the booming oil and gas industry in Alberta), however, physically, it is damn ugly. there are no mountains, no ocean, hardly any greenery/trees, and it can get to -40 in the winter. altho clearly i am biased coming from beautiful vancouver. and to completely comply with the canadian stereotype; their hockey team sucks. but goodluck!!
Reply 7
sacha_canada
i'm from vancouver, but lived in Calgary for a year. it is a fun city, with loads of people moving there (thanks to the booming oil and gas industry in Alberta), however, physically, it is damn ugly. there are no mountains, no ocean, hardly any greenery/trees, and it can get to -40 in the winter. altho clearly i am biased coming from beautiful vancouver. and to completely comply with the canadian stereotype; their hockey team sucks. but goodluck!!

Banff is near enough for my skiing needs, so mountains aren't an issue (and the snow's better than near Vancouver...very wet and soggy there). If I wanted trees, I'd stay in England. They're very over-rated ya know.:wink: -40? I'll buy a big coat!:biggrin:

As for a Canucklehead criticising any other Hockey team (apart from the Leafs and the Oilers), well that's just silly.:p:
Reply 8
hmmm dont underestimate the power of trees!
and it is really going to need to be a big coat, plus socks, gloves, boots, toques, etc...i am really surprised i didnt lose a toe/ear while i was there. plus it snowed 15cm on May 25 there this year. yikes!
haha dont even get me started about the hockey teams. the canucks got much further than the flames did this year. but you are certainly correct about the leafs/oilers!
Reply 9
Well I'm 22 and am living in BGP! I wouldn't worry! There are a lot of post-grad students and international students who tend to be a little bit older. There will of course be a lot of freshers too, but not as many as in halls.

Latest

Trending

Trending