The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well that wasn't worth worrying about. That was extremely easy :biggrin:
Reply 21
I know - can't believe I wasted all that time revising. 7 marks for completing graphs and another 3 for matching up speech bubbles with words - can't complain. I thought some questions were a bit difficult to get full marks in though, like the one about the importance of the environment and culture in Brazil. Overall, it went okay. I hope that doesn't mean grade boundaries will be high.
Reply 22
I thought the question about the importance of environmental and cultural factors blah blah... wasn't worded very well. Or did I just not get it :biggrin:

Wonder what paper 2 will hold.
Reply 23
Hmmm yea I wonder. I know I didn't really know what they wanted me to put so I just wrote loads of rubbish.
Reply 24
x_Daisy_x
I know - can't believe I wasted all that time revising. 7 marks for completing graphs and another 3 for matching up speech bubbles with words - can't complain. I thought some questions were a bit difficult to get full marks in though, like the one about the importance of the environment and culture in Brazil. Overall, it went okay. I hope that doesn't mean grade boundaries will be high.

That was straight on using information from the resource wasn't it?

Also, mark allocation for questions was odd. Some questions carried four marks but didn't seem like they had particulary long or hard answers :/.
Reply 25
Well yeah but I didn't really know what to put for the 6 marks - just had to waffle. I know, there was a couple of questions where I thought there were more marks than what could be written as an answer. Ahh well we'll have to see what we get in August. Good luck for Monday!
Reply 26
So how did paper 2 go? I thought it was harder than the first one. I couldn't remember how a tropical storm was formed!
Reply 27
x_Daisy_x
So how did paper 2 go? I thought it was harder than the first one. I couldn't remember how a tropical storm was formed!

Tropical storm question was not nice lol :tongue:

It was quite hard I thought.
I did foundation and i still think i did badly lol.
Reply 29
I wasn't expecting TNCs to come up either! For the question about large scale developments on the rural-urban fringe I did the metro centre and I don't even think it's on the RUF. Arg could have went better.
What did you put for advantages of TNC's? Or did you not get that question?
Reply 31
Tehgiggles.
What did you put for advantages of TNC's? Or did you not get that question?

We got one about the problems it would bring to an LEDC. Don't think we had to write about advantages. The advatages would probably just be about employment/improved infrastructure. I'm sorry don't really know much about TNCs.
Reply 32
x_Daisy_x
I wasn't expecting TNCs to come up either! For the question about large scale developments on the rural-urban fringe I did the metro centre and I don't even think it's on the RUF. Arg could have went better.

Our teacher we got this year didn't teach that topic to us :tongue:. I picked a few developments but it wasn't a nice question.

For TNCs we got disadvantages to people and enviroment on the higher tier, it wasn't that bad I didn't think.
Reply 33
I messed up the last question.

It was something like "How can a country make sure they have enough energy for the future" so I went on about how they can work out how much energy they will need for the future. It didn't occur to me to talk about them using renewable energy sources and stuff. I blame the question writers!
Reply 34
Nintendus
Our teacher we got this year didn't teach that topic to us :tongue:. I picked a few developments but it wasn't a nice question.

For TNCs we got disadvantages to people and enviroment on the higher tier, it wasn't that bad I didn't think.

they were the 2 q's i messed up on, i put the bluewater centre which im sure isnt right.
Reply 35
xEllie
they were the 2 q's i messed up on, i put the bluewater centre which im sure isnt right.

I just fell in love with you. I used the bluewater development as well. :wink:

(PS. Yes those are strong enough grounds for love. )