The Student Room Group

Anyone else going to uni just for the social life?

I'm basically going to uni just to go out drinking and figure out what I want to do with my life. Studying is basically just an afterthought and something I need to get out of the way before a night out, I think I'll likely base my uni choice on which city has the best nightlife. Anyone else doing the same?
Original post by intelligent con
I'm basically going to uni just to go out drinking and figure out what I want to do with my life. Studying is basically just an afterthought and something I need to get out of the way before a night out, I think I'll likely base my uni choice on which city has the best nightlife. Anyone else doing the same?

Don't think many people would find dropping 27000-36000 pounds on "da social life bruh" very pragmatic.
Original post by intelligent con

It's not worth spending 9k a year on uni just to "go out drinking". That's not what university about. To each his/her own, if people do this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Imagine taking out a 27k loan to party when you can do that for free
Uni isn't all about the social life. Freshers and first year parties are fun, but after that people slowly start going out less and get serious about their courses. It's not a 3 or 4 year party that some people make it out to be.
Reply 5
so basically £27,000 for a 3 year "holiday" .....sounds good

Spoiler

Original post by High Stakes
Don't think many people would find dropping 27000-36000 pounds on "da social life bruh" very pragmatic.

Yeah but they're not. They're dropping 27000-36000 of the taxpayer's money on 'da social life bruh', and will almost certainly never pay it back (given they'd actually have to work to do that).

Anyway, this is an obvious troll thread.
Original post by Pato1
Imagine taking out a 27k loan to party when you can do that for free
its not purely to party its just thats the main reason I want to go and if worst comes to worse I won't even have to pay it back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending