:moon:

Hi, Perplexing! How has your day been? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
:hugs:

Hi, Perplexing! How has your day been? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! :hello:

My day has been good, I have been very busy today - I hope to be able to progress with some coding tonight. :h:

How has your day been today?

Original post by PerplexingGeode
Hello! :hello:

My day has been good, I have been very busy today - I hope to be able to progress with some coding tonight. :h:

How has your day been today?

Glad to hear it! Great, so very productive! Good luck with that. :smile:

My day has been quite good, thanks. It wasn't as stressful as some previous days of the week which is always a positive. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad to hear it! Great, so very productive! Good luck with that. :smile:

My day has been quite good, thanks. It wasn't as stressful as some previous days of the week which is always a positive. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, I was too tired to complete any coding last night, but I will ensure some is completed today! :h: Thank you! ^-^

That is excellent to hear, education can be and is very stressful; thus that is understandable, so it is definitely great to hear that yesterday was not as stressful for you. :h:

Unfortunately, I was too tired to complete any coding last night, but I will ensure some is completed today! :h: Thank you! ^-^

That is excellent to hear, education can be and is very stressful; thus that is understandable, so it is definitely great to hear that yesterday was not as stressful for you. :h:

I see. Well, good luck with tonight! What coding is it, if I may ask? :smile:

Education sure can be very stressful at times! Aww, it was a relief. The first and last couple of days of the week tend to be most stressful for me, but today wasn't too bad thankfully. I did get informed of two tests I shall be having soon :colonhash:. I'm not looking forward to it :tongue: but I guess it's good for tracking progress. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see. Well, good luck with tonight! What coding is it, if I may ask? :smile:

Education sure can be very stressful at times! Aww, it was a relief. The first and last couple of days of the week tend to be most stressful for me, but today wasn't too bad thankfully. I did get informed of two tests I shall be having soon :colonhash:. I'm not looking forward to it :tongue: but I guess it's good for tracking progress. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the moment, I am commencing to teach myself coding, via starting off with HTML, but hope to expand upon that knowledge and eventually move onto Javascript, Python, etc. I would preferably like to learn all of the programming languages, alongside independent learning of languages (currently learning Swedish and Japanese but have a fundamental understanding of French too). I have been using Codecademy and Khan Academy in conjunction with one another, which is rather beneficial. :smile: I have found the Newbie Coders Chat Thread on TSR an invaluable source for resources, so I often read that thread.

Yes, I completely agree - having done GCSEs and A Levels, I found them both very stressful; particularly A Levels, which had a detrimental effect. It is awesome that you can identify the days of the week whereby you feel most stressed, as you can implement strategies to try and alleviate the stress, even if only slightly. :h: Are they unofficial progress assessments, in that case? :h: I find that progress assessments or any sort of assessment/exam is extremely stressful - I assume this is the case for you? :yep:

At the moment, I am commencing to teach myself coding, via starting off with HTML, but hope to expand upon that knowledge and eventually move onto Javascript, Python, etc. I would preferably like to learn all of the programming languages, alongside independent learning of languages (currently learning Swedish and Japanese but have a fundamental understanding of French too). I have been using Codecademy and Khan Academy in conjunction with one another, which is rather beneficial. :smile: I have found the Newbie Coders Chat Thread on TSR an invaluable source for resources, so I often read that thread.

Yes, I completely agree - having done GCSEs and A Levels, I found them both very stressful; particularly A Levels, which had a detrimental effect. It is awesome that you can identify the days of the week whereby you feel most stressed, as you can implement strategies to try and alleviate the stress, even if only slightly. :h: Are they unofficial progress assessments, in that case? :h: I find that progress assessments or any sort of assessment/exam is extremely stressful - I assume this is the case for you? :yep:

Oh cool! :biggrin: I do really like HTML and CSS - I'm not great at it but I do enjoy it a lot. :yep: JavaScript should be interesting and it's very ambitious of you! I learned Python for my GCSEs and I found that it was quite a nice programming language to learn about and use. :smile: Ooh, into languages as well! :yy: Japanese seems like a difficult one to learn but I'm sure it's a very rewarding one to know. As for Swedish, I do know some very, very basic parts of that. :tongue: I do love French too! :love: Codecademy was very useful, I thought, and I've heard good things about Khan Academy. I'm glad to hear they have been beneficial to you. :smile: Great to hear! :h:

I see, yes, A Levels do look like they'll be very difficult to get through. Hmm, hopefully I can find a way to reduce the impact of the stress. Yes, they are just assessments to mark the halfway point, or end of a few topics, for certain subjects. Is there any way you have been able to try to cope with this stress, knowing that you'll experience this when the assessment date arrives? I do tend to get quite stressed about exams. Mock tests have been much worse in my experience due to the large number of exams and the small time frame in between them. Fortunately, I managed to find a way to deal with the real exams (not a very good approach I must admit, but I suppose health comes before work in some, if not all, circumstances).

Hey guys!
Original post by ak143244
Hey guys!

hello there :colone:440
Oh cool! :biggrin: I do really like HTML and CSS - I'm not great at it but I do enjoy it a lot. :yep: JavaScript should be interesting and it's very ambitious of you! I learned Python for my GCSEs and I found that it was quite a nice programming language to learn about and use. :smile: Ooh, into languages as well! :yy: Japanese seems like a difficult one to learn but I'm sure it's a very rewarding one to know. As for Swedish, I do know some very, very basic parts of that. :tongue: I do love French too! :love: Codecademy was very useful, I thought, and I've heard good things about Khan Academy. I'm glad to hear they have been beneficial to you. :smile: Great to hear! :h:

It is an enjoyable programming language indeed and lays the foundations for other programming languages. I believe that it generally requires a vast amount of practise, to ensure the information learned is retained in the long term memory, regardless of whether or not you have a natural ability for coding. :yep: I do believe that eventually I learn JavaScript, subsequent to mastering the beginners' coding languages first! :biggrin: Unfortunately, my school did not offer coding as part of the curriculum during GCSEs, however - I likely would have pursued it had it been offered. Did you find Python more or less interesting than HMTL and CSS? The most difficult part of Japanese is trying to remember all of the Kanji characters and their various meanings - however, it genuinely is an awesome language to learn, as is Swedish - the latter being somewhat easier to learn than Japanese! :doh:I am currently learning Swedish on Duolingo, which is a particularly useful resource for learning languages, as is Memrise; they are both space repetition systems (SRS) which aid the long term retention of information. :h: Yes, I enjoy using Codecademy too, I just hope that since implementing Codecademy Pro - that the free resources are sufficient. I am also glad that you have had a good experience with Codecademy and that you love French! :h:

I see, yes, A Levels do look like they'll be very difficult to get through. Hmm, hopefully I can find a way to reduce the impact of the stress. Yes, they are just assessments to mark the halfway point, or end of a few topics, for certain subjects. Is there any way you have been able to try to cope with this stress, knowing that you'll experience this when the assessment date arrives? I do tend to get quite stressed about exams. Mock tests have been much worse in my experience due to the large number of exams and the small time frame in between them. Fortunately, I managed to find a way to deal with the real exams (not a very good approach I must admit, but I suppose health comes before work in some, if not all, circumstances).

Inopportunely, I am probably not the best person to ask about A Levels, as I barely made it through A Levels due to extremely poor mental health. A lot of people have positive experiences of sixth form and/or college - it just was not for me, however; it might be okay for you; every person is different. :h: I suppose that the only positive aspect of such assessments that you have to pursue, is that you are able to identify the areas of the subject that you are finding a little more difficult and other areas that warrant less revision due to more confidence in those subject areas. I understand why mock exams would be worse for you, as schools have a tendency to throw several mock exams together; sometimes more than one in a single day, which is simply not ideal. Hopefully, you are able to find a better way of dealing with actual exams! :yep:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
hello there :colone:440

Hey!

It is an enjoyable programming language indeed and lays the foundations for other programming languages. I believe that it generally requires a vast amount of practise, to ensure the information learned is retained in the long term memory, regardless of whether or not you have a natural ability for coding. :yep: I do believe that eventually I learn JavaScript, subsequent to mastering the beginners' coding languages first! :biggrin: Unfortunately, my school did not offer coding as part of the curriculum during GCSEs, however - I likely would have pursued it had it been offered. Did you find Python more or less interesting than HMTL and CSS? The most difficult part of Japanese is trying to remember all of the Kanji characters and their various meanings - however, it genuinely is an awesome language to learn, as is Swedish - the latter being somewhat easier to learn than Japanese! :doh:I am currently learning Swedish on Duolingo, which is a particularly useful resource for learning languages, as is Memrise; they are both space repetition systems (SRS) which aid the long term retention of information. :h: Yes, I enjoy using Codecademy too, I just hope that since implementing Codecademy Pro - that the free resources are sufficient. I am also glad that you have had a good experience with Codecademy and that you love French! :h:

Inopportunely, I am probably not the best person to ask about A Levels, as I barely made it through A Levels due to extremely poor mental health. A lot of people have positive experiences of sixth form and/or college - it just was not for me, however; it might be okay for you; every person is different. :h: I suppose that the only positive aspect of such assessments that you have to pursue, is that you are able to identify the areas of the subject that you are finding a little more difficult and other areas that warrant less revision due to more confidence in those subject areas. I understand why mock exams would be worse for you, as schools have a tendency to throw several mock exams together; sometimes more than one in a single day, which is simply not ideal. Hopefully, you are able to find a better way of dealing with actual exams! :yep:

Are you doing Computing A Level?
Hey!

438 :hi:
Hey!

Unfortunately not, whilst I pursued A Levels, my school did not offer it - however, they have since introduced Computing.

@Matrix123 Thank you for the positive rep! Unfortunately, I cannot give a rep in return due to PRSOM. :doh:

Unfortunately not, whilst I pursued A Levels, my school did not offer it - however, they have since introduced Computing.

@Matrix123 Thank you for the positive rep! Unfortunately, I cannot give a rep in return due to PRSOM. :doh:

Oh okay. Yeah they replaced ICT with Computing now. I loved ICT at primary school though

Latest