Original post by CheeseIsVeg
400 :smile:

How's my amazing sister doing? :h:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123

How's my amazing sister doing? :h:
Posted from TSR Mobile

urm
not fab :frown:what about my most fabuloso, terrifique, magnifique sister :h: :mmm:
urm
not fab :frown:what about my most fabuloso, terrifique, magnifique sister :h: :mmm:

Aw no :console: What's up? :hugs:
Awww! I'm getting by :yep:

Spoiler

Aw no :console: What's up? :hugs:
Awww! I'm getting by :yep:

Spoiler

life :frown:
life :frown:

Aww but...

^I do love that :u:

:hugs:

Aww but...

^I do love that :u:

:hugs:

I do so much of that sort of thing in C3 maths lol
but lol
XD :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
I do so much of that sort of thing in C3 maths lol
but lol
XD :hugs:

Don't forget the 388 :wink:

Ohh :rofl:
:h: :hugs:

Edit: 386 :tongue:
Don't forget the 388 :wink:

Ohh :rofl:
:h: :hugs:

384 :tongue:
Indeed. I haven't used Python for around 5 months (:eek:) so I think I'd better get back to that soon. :tongue: Absolutely, an interest in whatever topic someone may be studying or working on definitely does help with rapid and in depth progress. :yep: Yes! :excited: Ooh, that sounds cool. What kind of art are you mainly interested in? I agree with you there about the construction of websites! Ohh I understand now; yes, codecademy is very accessible. Fair enough. :smile: Have you been to Japan before then? :K:

I am confident that you'll be able to pick up quickly, where you left off. :yep: I enjoy both traditional art and digital art, however - I prefer traditional art and using mediums such as using inks, watercolour paints, oil paints, fineliner pens etc. I love drawing architecture, and take inspiration from buildings such as the Chrysler Building to draw my own cities. :h: Unfortunately, I have never visited Japan; it looks as though it is an awesome country! :wink: :yep:

Good good, aww! Hopefully you no longer feel this way? It's very tough getting through education, and work too I'd imagine, especially with the addition of mental health issues. You've done it now so I think we should be proud of how far you've come as opposed to how short you fell behind your expectations/ambitions. Besides, it sounds like you are doing well at the moment? :smile: Indeed, independent study does some to really be the main success factor for sixth form. I'm yet to do as much as I'd find ideal but anything is progress at this stage, I think. Ohh, I see. Yes, the exams do seem to be a lot longer. Hopefully it won't be too bad. :crossedf: I can imagine it's slightly laid back in art, but quite stressful when approaching the last couple of hours? I didn't do art so I wouldn't really know. At KS3, I did take ages to do any art related activity though. :tongue:

Thanks, I'll try to. You keep up the great work too! :biggrin:

I'm alright thanks - I haven't got much to do apart from homework and revision. The rest of my family went out shopping earlier so it was nice to actually have some peace and quiet. :smile:
How have you been today?

If I am honest, things are not great but they are not terribly bad either; having lifelong mental health conditions, I just have to take things a day at a time, if that makes sense. :h: Thank you, it is very kind of you to state that! :hugs: Yes, you are making excellent progress, in my opinion - after all, sixth form/college is not at all easy, and definitely is accompanied by challenges. Indeed, what subjects are you studying? :smile: Yes, I can definitely relate to taking a lengthy amount of time to complete pieces of art, if they are completed at all - I rarely completed artwork at school, as it would entail a great deal of detail and I am generally a slow worker; despite having a passion for art, I find it hard to concentrate, but with medication, am able to concentrate a bit better, these days. :yep: :biggrin:

Thank you, that is very nice of you to state! :smile:

It sounds as though you receive a vast amount of homework/revision to complete, try to take breaks every so often; as to recalibrate your brain and allow you to focus on the work a little longer, although make sure you don't burn yourself out, revision-wise! Often, it is best to work in a peaceful environment whilst revising, however - some people listen to music. Personally, this does not work for me, as I get too easily distracted by the music! :biggrin: :wink:

I have been okay, managed to paint a watercolour painting yesterday; which was the first piece of artwork I have been able to motivate myself to do, for a month or so now. The painting consists of an purple amethyst crystal! I will see if I can do anything productive tonight, such as coding/art etc as I am really struggling with motivation at the moment.

Original post by PerplexingGeode
I am confident that you'll be able to pick up quickly, where you left off. :yep: I enjoy both traditional art and digital art, however - I prefer traditional art and using mediums such as using inks, watercolour paints, oil paints, fineliner pens etc. I love drawing architecture, and take inspiration from buildings such as the Chrysler Building to draw my own cities. :h: Unfortunately, I have never visited Japan; it looks as though it is an awesome country! :wink: :yep:

If I am honest, things are not great but they are not terribly bad either; having lifelong mental health conditions, I just have to take things a day at a time, if that makes sense. :h: Thank you, it is very kind of you to state that! :hugs: Yes, you are making excellent progress, in my opinion - after all, sixth form/college is not at all easy, and definitely is accompanied by challenges. Indeed, what subjects are you studying? :smile: Yes, I can definitely relate to taking a lengthy amount of time to complete pieces of art, if they are completed at all - I rarely completed artwork at school, as it would entail a great deal of detail and I am generally a slow worker; despite having a passion for art, I find it hard to concentrate, but with medication, am able to concentrate a bit better, these days. :yep: :biggrin:

It sounds as though you receive a vast amount of homework/revision to complete, try to take breaks every so often; as to recalibrate your brain and allow you to focus on the work a little longer, although make sure you don't burn yourself out, revision-wise! Often, it is best to work in a peaceful environment whilst revising, however - some people listen to music. Personally, this does not work for me, as I get too easily distracted by the music! :biggrin: :wink:

I have been okay, managed to paint a watercolour painting yesterday; which was the first piece of artwork I have been able to motivate myself to do, for a month or so now. The painting consists of an purple amethyst crystal! I will see if I can do anything productive tonight, such as coding/art etc as I am really struggling with motivation at the moment.

:moon:

384 :tongue:

:tongue:
Original post by PerplexingGeode

Aw thanks, I hope so! Ooh that sounds cool! Are you into photography much then? Nice! I was just abou to ask what kinds of drawings and paintings you like doing but architecture seems to be the answer. :tongue: :smile: That does sound amazing! I've never been a fan of drawing architecture if I'm honest, but I do love looking at it! Ooh this sounds awesome! (I'm getting a bit too excited about this :colondollar: :tongue:) I see, I'm sure it's on your list of places to visit! :biggrin:

Aww :console: Fair enough. :smile: If you ever need someone to talk to, about anything, feel free to PM/ VM me. :hugs: Yes, it really does make things that bit more difficult, but the way I see it, it helps to make the great moments of our lives even better. :h: That does make sense to me. :yep: And no worries! :hugs: Aww thanks, Perplexing! :biggrin: It sure is! I'm taking maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. What are you studying? :smile: I see, are you much of a perfectionist? I am, and that was one of my greatest downfalls with art - I took too long trying to make it as "perfect" as possible, so I decided it wouldn't be a wise choice to take for GCSE - I wanted to spend time on other subjects. I'm glad to hear that! :h:

Aww no worries! :smile:

It isn't necessarily a large amount of homework - I just have pieces that will take me a long time to get done. Thank you, I will bear that in mind. :smile: My issue is I do take too long revising because I think if I stop, then it won't have been enough. Recently (in the past year) I've been making sure to take breaks, but this leads to me taking breaks that are so long that they can't be classified as breaks anymore. :rofl: Yes, I just don't get a peaceful environment much at home. :redface: I just make the best of whenever it is nice and peaceful. :smile: Yes, I listen to music in my breaks (and in my "breaks" :tongue:). I get distracted by music too. :tongue: :five:

Good good. :h: Wow, well done for getting round to doing that! Was that another architectural piece? :smile: A purple amethyst crystal? That sounds so cool! :awesome: Good luck with that!

Spoiler

:tongue:

Aw thanks, I hope so! Ooh that sounds cool! Are you into photography much then? Nice! I was just abou to ask what kinds of drawings and paintings you like doing but architecture seems to be the answer. :tongue: :smile: That does sound amazing! I've never been a fan of drawing architecture if I'm honest, but I do love looking at it! Ooh this sounds awesome! (I'm getting a bit too excited about this :colondollar: :tongue:) I see, I'm sure it's on your list of places to visit! :biggrin:

Yes, I also like photography; particularly macro and architectural photography. :biggrin: I like drawing/painting most things, with architecture being my favourite element of technical drawing. Architecture is mesmerising, isn't it? :h: Yes, it definitely is, though I have never travelled outside of the UK, however - a visit to Japan may occur in the future. :h:

Aww :console: Fair enough. :smile: If you ever need someone to talk to, about anything, feel free to PM/ VM me. :hugs: Yes, it really does make things that bit more difficult, but the way I see it, it helps to make the great moments of our lives even better. :h: That does make sense to me. :yep: And no worries! :hugs: Aww thanks, Perplexing! :biggrin: It sure is! I'm taking maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. What are you studying? :smile: I see, are you much of a perfectionist? I am, and that was one of my greatest downfalls with art - I took too long trying to make it as "perfect" as possible, so I decided it wouldn't be a wise choice to take for GCSE - I wanted to spend time on other subjects. I'm glad to hear that! :h:

Aww no worries! :smile:

Thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it! :hugs: The image you posted regarding 'difficult journeys often lead to beautiful destinations' is so relevant, and very true indeed. I was once also told that 'as one door closes, another door opens', which bears the same amount of truth. :smile: That's understandable, and definitely resonates with me; when you're in the mindset and have the drive to continue doing the revision in a single session, it makes one reluctant to stop revising; for the reason you mentioned. :yep: Hehe, they are merely 'extended breaks'! :biggrin: :rofl: No problem at all! That is a good selection of subjects, particularly physics! Due to a culmination of factors, I am not currently in education, though it is a thought for the future. As for the perfectionism query? It is a resounding 'YES', I am definitely a perfectionist! :biggrin: Furthermore, I also encountered the same downfall with art, so I understand completely. Did you feel that the choice was right for you in the end? :smile:

It isn't necessarily a large amount of homework - I just have pieces that will take me a long time to get done. Thank you, I will bear that in mind. :smile: My issue is I do take too long revising because I think if I stop, then it won't have been enough. Recently (in the past year) I've been making sure to take breaks, but this leads to me taking breaks that are so long that they can't be classified as breaks anymore. :rofl: Yes, I just don't get a peaceful environment much at home. :redface: I just make the best of whenever it is nice and peaceful. :smile: Yes, I listen to music in my breaks (and in my "breaks" :tongue:). I get distracted by music too. :tongue: :five:

Good good. :h: Wow, well done for getting round to doing that! Was that another architectural piece? :smile: A purple amethyst crystal? That sounds so cool! :awesome: Good luck with that!

I understand, as I am identical in that respect; what would usually take an hour to complete for most people, would take me 6 or 7 hours. D:

:rofl: It is the same situation in my house, due to being a member of a vast family, therefore - no quiet here, either! :biggrin: :five:

Thank you! I hope you have had a good night so far! :h:

:moon:

Latest