The Student Room Group

Cures for nausea?

I suffer from bad nausea a lot of the time (yes, I've been to the doctors about it and have been given a referral etc)
But I wondered if in the meantime anyone has any tips for stopping (or at least easing) the nausea. It's a pain always feeling like this, as I have an irrational phobia of vomiting and every time I feel sick, I begin to get anxious that I might throw up. Most of the remedies I have tried do not work.
Some things I have tried:
Travel sickness bands
Anti-nausea tablets
Ginger (biscuits, tea)
Apples
Ice lollies- these actually work some of the time.
Have you tried changing your diet?

Avoid fried, fatty, spicy foods or caffeinated drinks.
Reply 2
Original post by octoppus
I suffer from bad nausea a lot of the time (yes, I've been to the doctors about it and have been given a referral etc)
But I wondered if in the meantime anyone has any tips for stopping (or at least easing) the nausea. It's a pain always feeling like this, as I have an irrational phobia of vomiting and every time I feel sick, I begin to get anxious that I might throw up. Most of the remedies I have tried do not work.
Some things I have tried:
Travel sickness bands
Anti-nausea tablets
Ginger (biscuits, tea)
Apples
Ice lollies- these actually work some of the time.

It will depend on why you're feeling nauseous so you may not get the best results until all your doctors visits and stuff are all done.

Some things that are meant to help are various herbal teas (ginger, peppermint, camomile), a more basic diet without fizzy drinks and other foods that may irritate you (though I might suggest you hold off with diet changes until you've seen the doc incace it would mess with tests), drinking pleant of water, avoiding stressful situations and relaxing/ meditating (if it is anxiety related), cold drinks. There are probably loads of other things I haven't mentioned so just google it.

If icelollies help i'd try cool drinks or ice, maybe a cool bath. If you don't find that tea is helping you could try it cold. Peppermint lollies sounds interesting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest