The Student Room Group

Relevant A Levels for Psychology

Hi

I am currently studying Psychology, Biology and PE at A Level. I would like to apply to a Russell Group Uni to study Psychology - Have I ruined my chances by taking PE?
(edited 8 years ago)
No, you haven't ruined your chances. Most unis (including Russell Group unis) only require one or two science A Levels for psychology, which biology and psychology would cover :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you 👍
Not really. I took health and social care AS and got into UCL, Durham, RHUL and interview at Oxford.
Plus I wouldn't be unduly worried if you didn't get into a Russell Group university
Reply 5
Original post by Noodlzzz
Not really. I took health and social care AS and got into UCL, Durham, RHUL and interview at Oxford.

Thank you... Do u mind me asking what other A levels you took and Uni you choose in the end?
Original post by tsljan29
Thank you... Do u mind me asking what other A levels you took and Uni you choose in the end?

Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy and Ethics

Went to UCL in the end and loved it :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Noodlzzz
Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy and Ethics

Went to UCL in the end and loved it :smile:

Thank you.. Did you do any volunteering work at all? What extra things did you do to put on yr PS? (Hope u don't mind me asking all these questions!)
Thank you.. Did you do any volunteering work at all? What extra things did you do to put on yr PS? (Hope u don't mind me asking all these questions!)

I did some work experience in a psych hospital

But for PS the real thing to add is your reading around the subject. For me that was online uni lectures, EPQ, essay competition and some books
Reply 9
I've just done the Cambridge Essay Competition funnily enough.. I've started an online course and noticed that the UCL have Psychology workshops running the summer but they haven't released dates yet but I'm hoping to book those..
I've just done the Cambridge Essay Competition funnily enough.. I've started an online course and noticed that the UCL have Psychology workshops running the summer but they haven't released dates yet but I'm hoping to book those..

All sound really positive :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest