The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hugely struggle with AQA English Language?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannxhc
Mr Bruffs videos are soooo helpful. Also I really recommend the AQA English Language revision guide and workbook (they are blue if that helps:tongue:). They got me from a U to an A in my last mock:colondollar:

U to an A! Geez! Well done. Yes I will try and get them then. Thankyou for your help :smile:
Original post by Rachel000222
My controlled assessments are just about A grade so hopefully it might boost up my final grade

All my controlled assessment are also A and B grades so even though I got a C on the papers I got a B overall. My last ray of hope are my controlled assessments which I worked my ass of to get high grades on.
Original post by Tinka99
All my controlled assessment are also A and B grades so even though I got a C on the papers I got a B overall. My last ray of hope are my controlled assessments which I worked my ass of to get high grades on.

That's the exact same with me! Got a B overall but a C on my mock paper
I completely understand- if we are going to do good then we need longer time! How come your exams on the 3rd May?

Exactly! Thats what I had on my timetable haha ive theb got my literature exam on the day of study leave ...when have you got your language exam?
Original post by Noorals
Exactly! Thats what I had on my timetable haha ive theb got my literature exam on the day of study leave ...when have you got your language exam?

It actually might be because of the different exam boards ...my exam board it iGCSE Cambridge
Original post by Noorals

Language exam?!! Possibly the end of May some time
I was looking forward to ranting about how I'm finding the essays difficult at A2 but reading the comments, I think you guys are referring to GCSE... :/
Original post by TheKillingTorch
No problem. What questions do you find the hardest?

Q4 hugely
Language exam?!! Possibly the end of May some time

Really?? lucky you!:s-smilie:
I'm kinda good at that question. Some tips I can give you are:
To pick the source which has the most DAFOREST techniques
To get band 4, talk about more sophisticated language tecniques other than DAFOREST like hyperboles, puns, irony etc.
To relate techniques to purpose
Original post by TheKillingTorch
I'm kinda good at that question. Some tips I can give you are:
To pick the source which has the most DAFOREST techniques
To get band 4, talk about more sophisticated language tecniques other than DAFOREST like hyperboles, puns, irony etc.
To relate techniques to purpose

Thankyou so much
No problem, if you need any more help, just message me

Quick Reply

Latest