The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Helenia
I don't know; I didn't look too closely at my invitation. I don't think they're free but they're not very expensive, I can't remember. And seeing as you spend Freshers' week not knowing anyone else, I don't think the party would be any different.

Ok, so do they give a fresher's ball then?
Reply 21
MentallyIll
Ok, so do they give a fresher's ball then?

CUSU do a university-wide Freshers event, it was at the Junction this year, but I didn't go. Each college will have all sorts of Freshers' stuff going on in the first week, guaranteed to include at least one hugely cheesy probably fancy-dress bop (of course Wolfson may be more mature about all this :biggrin:), but not a proper ball. You will have matric dinner though, which is quite dressy-uppy.
Helenia
CUSU do a university-wide Freshers event, it was at the Junction this year, but I didn't go. Each college will have all sorts of Freshers' stuff going on in the first week, guaranteed to include at least one hugely cheesy probably fancy-dress bop (of course Wolfson may be more mature about all this :biggrin:), but not a proper ball. You will have matric dinner though, which is quite dressy-uppy.

Great, I can't wait. I think I'll have to make an effort to go to the CUSU event.
(Wolfson=boring)
Reply 23
Helenia
CUSU do a university-wide Freshers event...

A slightly off the point question, but just something I started wondering...

How do you say CUSU? Do you just say the letters individually as in C.U.S.U? or is there a way to pronounce it? Like OUSU is 'ow-zoo' (and no one refers just to the Union because it'd get mixed up with the Oxford Union - guess it's the same in tabsville?)
Reply 24
grey faerie
A slightly off the point question, but just something I started wondering...

How do you say CUSU? Do you just say the letters individually as in C.U.S.U? or is there a way to pronounce it? Like OUSU is 'ow-zoo' (and no one refers just to the Union because it'd get mixed up with the Oxford Union - guess it's the same in tabsville?)

Yes, it is - it's "Cue-sue." And the Union means the same thing here.

Latest

Trending

Trending