Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Closed eHarmony match

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

My friend and I have always liked each but have been too shy to do anything about it. I am on eHarmony and very strangely we got matched as compatible. This was not possible to fix this as you answer a questionnaire and eHarmony sends you your matches.

My friend looked at my profile, I then looked at his profile and sent him an automated 'can't stop smiling' and I sent a message saying "Hi Jake, it looks like eHarmony thinks we are a match... ". He sent an automated response straight away saying "Jake wants to get to know you". I waited for him to reply to my message and all week there was nothing.

He was meant to come out with mutual friends at the end of the week so I thought he might wait till then to chat. He didn't come and went out with other friends. I closed the match down the next day as I thought he can't be interested.

Looking back now I don't know if I acted hastily. Was I meant to write back? I don't know if he didn't come as he may have thought I snubbed him by not writing anything back. One friend said he was rude and should have replied and other said maybe he did not know what to say.

I don't know why I keep beating myself up over this. I really liked him and felt like he wasn't interested but a friend said he was interested as he sent the automated response saying he wanted to get to know me.

Difficult in the sense theres no clear way of knowing what he is thinking. Is he shy as well? I know you are shy but is it impossible for you o mention it to him in person and see what he says or via social media?

You like him, so the best way its to find out or as you did just make for certain you like him and see if he reciprocates. It looks betetr to find out that waste time beating yourself up. he might still be interested just confused ir he might not. You have to take a risk and find out.

Anyone else got any thoughts as I am still confused.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.