The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Commuting to University

I've got an unconditional offer for Lincoln to study in September, but i am unsure whether to commute or move away from home. If i move away my maintenance loan won't cover my accommodation however, if i commute it is an hour drive or 50 minute train ride and it will work out a lot more cheaper. Im really unsure what to do as I've seen a lot of people say you miss out of the social aspect but i need to make up my mind as I've got to apply for my student finance. Any advice?
Reply 1
Where will you be commuting from? I'm going to be commuting from Boston.

If you drive every day then you can still go out in the evenings with friends and travel up at the weekends if there's stuff on. I suppose it depends on how involved you want to be with student life? Howabout commuting this year and then if you feel you're missing out find accomodation in Lincoln next year?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Hi chels-samp ,

If you contact our Student Support team on 01522 837080 or by emailing them at [email protected] then they should be able to offer you advice on your situation.

Original post by chels-samp
I've got an unconditional offer for Lincoln to study in September, but i am unsure whether to commute or move away from home. If i move away my maintenance loan won't cover my accommodation however, if i commute it is an hour drive or 50 minute train ride and it will work out a lot more cheaper. Im really unsure what to do as I've seen a lot of people say you miss out of the social aspect but i need to make up my mind as I've got to apply for my student finance. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest