The Student Room Group

Cardiff MPharm offer holders 2016 entry

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start this thread so we could get to know the people who will be (potentially) on our course this September!

We could maybe start it off by saying where we're from, when we had our interview day (so we'll see if we met irl!), whether you're in year 13 or on a gap year and if you are firming/insuring Cardiff.

I'm from Cardiff (feel free to ask anything about the city and what it's like like living here), had my interview on the 16th March and am currently on a gap year.

I hope all of you do great this year in the exams and get the grades you need! :smile:
I had my interview on 16th March too, I'm currently in year 13. I'm from around Aberdare in the valleys in Wales, it's about an hour away from Cardiff by train and car. I go to a Welsh speaking school.
I'm going to firm Cardiff (the only offer i got haha) but it still hasn't come through on track. I know i have an offer because i emailed and phoned and they confirmed it. It's a bit strange though!
I also had my interview on the 16th! Im from Wiltshire, I'm in year 13 but taking a gap year before I go to uni and I'm currently torn between Bath and Cardiff😫
Hi, I had my interview November 11th and I'm firming. I'm from Cardiff too (well Caerphilly but same thing XD). I'm in year 13!:smile:
You guys thinking of commuting or going to uni accommodation??
Original post by Katie13579
I also had my interview on the 16th! Im from Wiltshire, I'm in year 13 but taking a gap year before I go to uni and I'm currently torn between Bath and Cardiff😫

Ahh so you'll be in the year below! Well Cardiff have a older sister/brother thing so one of us could end up being that for you!
Reply 6
Hey, Im from around a town near Brighton and my interview was on the 24th of FEB. I'm torn between Cardiff and Nottingham and UEA now ;; What do you guys think of the impression of the uni?? did you guys like it?? i didnt have the chance to see the city ;; and I was wondering how it is? ah its so vague but anything on like whether its cheap or if its always really wet?? (lol i know uk is wet anyways but... yeah lol xD)
Original post by RuruLock
Hey, Im from around a town near Brighton and my interview was on the 24th of FEB. I'm torn between Cardiff and Nottingham and UEA now ;; What do you guys think of the impression of the uni?? did you guys like it?? i didnt have the chance to see the city ;; and I was wondering how it is? ah its so vague but anything on like whether its cheap or if its always really wet?? (lol i know uk is wet anyways but... yeah lol xD)

Cardiff is at the top of the league tables for its pharmacy school and research which is really good as we'll be doing a master's project in the fourth year. From looking at the modules there's a good balance between practical, lab and lecture based teaching so it's fairly integrated and I've heard that the lecturers are super supportive.

As for Cardiff as a city, it has a really nice atmosphere! There's plenty of shopping, restaurants and cinemas, we have loads of fun stuff to do in and close to Cardiff (mini-golf, arcades, concerts, go-air, bowling, beaches, etc.). If you're into sports, there's loads of local gyms and Cardiff uni has a bunch of sports clubs.

As for living costs, it's pretty cheap compared to the big cities in England and we have buses and trains going through out the city and surrounding areas. There's a bunch of budget supermarkets that are great for students (home bargains, Aldi, lidl).

I'm not very familiar with the clubs and drinking in Cardiff (cause I don't drink) but my friends say it's really fun and that there's a good selection of places to go to!

Wales in general is really pretty and there's loads of parks, my favourite (although I'm biased cause I grew up going there) is Roath park - it has a lake that you can row on.

The people are really friendly and helpful here so if you ever find yourself lost/in need of general help it's really easy to find a solution. So yeah, I think a lot of people over-look us in Cardiff because it is in Wales but there's loads you can do and it's a really nice place to live.

EDIT: we do get rain quite often but we also don't get much snow (it's not cold enough to have it) and during the short summers we get it can get really warm and nice (25-30 degrees)

It's big enough as a city so there's plenty to do but not so big that you'd feel overwhelmed :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Hopefulmedic15

As for Cardiff as a city, it has a really nice atmosphere! There's plenty of shopping, restaurants and cinemas, we have loads of fun stuff to do in and close to Cardiff (mini-golf, arcades, concerts, go-air, bowling, beaches, etc.). If you're into sports, there's loads of local gyms and Cardiff uni has a bunch of sports clubs.

The people are really friendly and helpful here so if you ever find yourself lost/in need of general help it's really easy to find a solution. So yeah, I think a lot of people over-look us in Cardiff because it is in Wales but there's loads you can do and it's a really nice place to live.

It's big enough as a city so there's plenty to do but not so big that you'd feel overwhelmed :smile:

wow omg thank you!! i think u may have just convinced me! hahaha
Original post by RuruLock
wow omg thank you!! i think u may have just convinced me! hahaha

No worries, and that's awesome!! Hope to see you in September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending