The Student Room Group

Mock exam in 5 hours

Eng Lit AS Paper 1A, Othello and Death of a Salesman.

Wish me luck guys.
Aw good luck. I'm guessing Easter break is over? And what examination board are you with?
Timing , pacing and be relevant. Good luck.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Eng Lit AS Paper 1A, Othello and Death of a Salesman.

Wish me luck guys.

Good luck spongebob! Dw you're ready, you're ready for a promotion!
Mock went really well, I think. Before I started I got some feedback on some 5 or so essays I had done. They were all around a B. From the feedback, I think I found out what it is exactly that I need to do to get an A. So when I did the mock I did it a little bit different to how I would normally do it. I started every paragraph with something like 'Arthur Miller's use of flashbacks and specific juxtaposition of scenes can be interpreted to support the view that X'/'Shakespeare's use of monologue can suggest that Othello is noble/has integrity/etc'...

Basically making sure I always mentioned authorial methods. From the feedback it seems I'm good on all the other AO's except that one, and that one is a pretty significant one.

If I don't get an A on that mock, then I'll just have to give up; I don't think there's any way I could have possibly done better, and with only about a month to go before the exams, there's not enough time to make major improvements. :/

Quick Reply

Latest