The Student Room Group

OCR Computing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Empyreal
I'm interested in how people have done their CAs too, actually, so if anybody else is curious let us know what you've done so far!

I've finished A452 and need a few more hours on A453 but I know what I need to do essentially.
For A452 I did the Linux task, whilst for A453 I did/am doing the classroom maths test task, and I just need to finish 'displaying by first name, with the highest score' and I should be done.

How/what have you guys done?

I've done the same as you for both, have you managed to get the highest score to work yet?
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
If that came up I'd cry and go on about DBMS and its advantages idek

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea what to write lol

Spoiler

I don't know how to do task three, any tips? I've managed to write to a file but that's all, any help would be appreciated
Original post by PrinceKian
I don't know how to do task three, any tips? I've managed to write to a file but that's all, any help would be appreciated

It really just depends on how you have gone about saving the results in the text file...

If its like this for example:

John = 10/10
Kian = 4/10
Federer = 11/10 :wink:
Surina = 10/10
Vanilla = 9/10

Then I could possibly help you, as that's how I saved mine and I had a clever way around it when it comes to outputting the '3 latest results.'
For A453 Arithmetic Quiz Task 2, it says that the program should store the last three scores for each student. How do you do this? I'd appreciate any help.
Reply 25
I did this last year, make sure you do well on the controlled assessments!
The exam is pretty straight forward, the coursework has a stupid markscheme
Original post by Jitesh

Mind asking what you got in the controlled assessments and the exam and what it ended up as overall?

It'd help me with a rough idea on how well I need to do in the exam. :smile:
Original post by Federerr
It really just depends on how you have gone about saving the results in the text file...

If its like this for example:

John = 10/10
Kian = 4/10
Federer = 11/10 :wink:
Surina = 10/10
Vanilla = 9/10

Then I could possibly help you, as that's how I saved mine and I had a clever way around it when it comes to outputting the '3 latest results.'

Hi, could you please help tell me how I could store the 3 latest results of each student?
Original post by Jitesh

really? I found the CAs pretty straight forward but the exam is killing me :redface:
Hey!
I'm in year 10, currently doing the A453 task.
Am I the only one creating a trouble shooting system???
Your not the only one in year 10 how much of your controlled asessement have you done??
im struggling
pm me thansk

Quick Reply

Latest