The Student Room Group

where to start?

I want to start writing up notes and revising for English literature poetry. My exam board is WJEC. Is there any good sites to help me write good notes for poetry?&what do you write about?Also, if I do do a past paper question on it how am I meant to mark it? thanx
Original post by mygcserevision
I want to start writing up notes and revising for English literature poetry. My exam board is WJEC. Is there any good sites to help me write good notes for poetry?&what do you write about?Also, if I do do a past paper question on it how am I meant to mark it? thanx

When I did my GCSE'S I was also on WJEC. With the unseen poetry, its best to expose yourself to two poems and compare and contrast. If you finish a paper you could always ask a teacher to mark it :smile:
Original post by cookiemonster15
When I did my GCSE'S I was also on WJEC. With the unseen poetry, its best to expose yourself to two poems and compare and contrast. If you finish a paper you could always ask a teacher to mark it :smile:

if you don't mind me asking, which novels did you do and how did you revise for them?
Original post by stressed turtle
if you don't mind me asking, which novels did you do and how did you revise for them?

I did To Kill A Mockingbird
and Heroes

I revised by making character plans as they sometimes ask you to evaluate a character. I memorised key quotes associated with each person and just did as many past papers as I could :smile:
Original post by cookiemonster15
I did To Kill A Mockingbird
and Heroes

I revised by making character plans as they sometimes ask you to evaluate a character. I memorised key quotes associated with each person and just did as many past papers as I could :smile:

very useful, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest