The Student Room Group

How to get A in OCR Additional Maths.

Hi people,
My sister told me to come here for any GCSE questions or enquires I have , so don't fail me.I am in Year 10 , and I have chosen to do the additional maths test this year , as I passed the mock at the start of the year.My test is on the 4th of June , meaning I have around 2 months from now to get ready for it.2 months of revision is a lot , so I have to get an A or I am just stupid.I would just like to ask anyone who has 'aced' OCR Additional Maths , and how they got their grade.I am currently doing every question in the OCR book , given by the school and later on , I will do every single past paper , I can find.
So if anyone has any critical tips or 'tricks' to get an A in the test , please tell me.
Thank You !
Reply 1
Original post by ineedthosegrades

So if anyone has any critical tips or 'tricks' to get an A in the test , please tell me.
Thank You !

Practice.
Reply 2
Just past papers. Don't worry about it too much though as the grade boundaries are quite low - usually in the 70s in terms of percentage points. The textbook for it is very good, explanations are very clear and there are plenty of questions to practice.
If I were you though, I would prioritise GCSEs or whatever other exams you are taking.
Best of luck.
I started revising the day before Lol.

Just do past papers?

use algebra to simplify the logic questions i.e. work out the age those types.

3d geometry and integration with limits appears on every single paper...
kinematics too.
Guys i got an a !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 87/100

Quick Reply

Latest