The Student Room Group

Finding accommodation, London South Bank, Havering Campus.

So, I'm meant to be studying mental health nursing at London South Bank's Havering Campus, only problem is, I can't find somewhere to live!
Meant to be starting September 2016

Contacted Swan Housing as suggested on the LSBU website and they can't find me anywhere, contacted admissions who said I could change to the Southwark campus but had to contact someone to confirm. I emailed the lady and she took four weeks to get back to me, to say that the Southwark Campus has a high number of applications so I can't go there.
Contacted Havering again who suggested that I contact Queen's Hospital as they can sometimes accommodate student nurses, but when I called them they didn't have a clue about it?
I'm now stuck because I can't go to uni without accommodation and I live in Shropshire and would rather not have to reapply next year (although will do if I have to.)

My insurance choice requires the same grade as LSBU, so I can't even drop down my grades to go there.
Original post by charliicharlehh
So, I'm meant to be studying mental health nursing at London South Bank's Havering Campus, only problem is, I can't find somewhere to live!
Meant to be starting September 2016

Contacted Swan Housing as suggested on the LSBU website and they can't find me anywhere, contacted admissions who said I could change to the Southwark campus but had to contact someone to confirm. I emailed the lady and she took four weeks to get back to me, to say that the Southwark Campus has a high number of applications so I can't go there.
Contacted Havering again who suggested that I contact Queen's Hospital as they can sometimes accommodate student nurses, but when I called them they didn't have a clue about it?
I'm now stuck because I can't go to uni without accommodation and I live in Shropshire and would rather not have to reapply next year (although will do if I have to.)

My insurance choice requires the same grade as LSBU, so I can't even drop down my grades to go there.

Hi there Charlie!

That sounds really stressful I hope you're coping okay! I thought I'd drop you a note to let you know about our accommodation, we have 3 sites in London, all well situated with good access to travel routes, with things like on-site laundry rooms, secure bike storage, common rooms and more! The prices start from around £195 per week, which includes all the utility bills and rent! I hope this helps your situation a bit, and you can always reply or message me for more details if you need them!

I hope everything gets sorted for you and congratulations for what you're wanting to study and where you're wanting to go! Good luck :tongue:

Amelia xx :badger:

Quick Reply

Latest