The Student Room Group

Whos Doing IGCSE First Language English 0522?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShahbazKHAN
Maths
English Language (did eng lit last year and got A)
Additional Science (Did core last year got A/A/B)
RE
Computing (60% CW)(LMC/Python) (Got A* Python and A LMC)
Business(60% CW got A* 3marks from full marks)
Geography
Graphics

Oh nice what exam boards?
Last year of IGCSE First Language English 0522

i did it last year :smile:
Reply 22
In our school not everyone is allowed to coursework such as the higher sets which is annoying because I would rather do coursework and get the best grade possible than have an extra exam and I hate English :s-smilie:
Also, does anyone know the grade boundaries for speaking and listening?
Original post by rosiehannay
Oh nice what exam boards?

Maths edexcel
English Language igcse
Additional Science ocr
RE edexcel
Computing ocr
Business ocr
Geography aqa
Graphics aqa
what about u?
Original post by sanu1999
In our school not everyone is allowed to coursework such as the higher sets which is annoying because I would rather do coursework and get the best grade possible than have an extra exam and I hate English :s-smilie:
Also, does anyone know the grade boundaries for speaking and listening?

Seriously?
Coursework is required in IGCSE as its 60% CW so i dont know what your school is playing at but yeah..
S&L you want to aim for A which is 26/30 to Get A
22/30 Is B
18/30 is C
and ect
Maths edexcel
English Language igcse
Additional Science ocr
RE edexcel
Computing ocr
Business ocr
Geography aqa
Graphics aqa
what about u?

Ah ok the only ones we do the same are English and Maths :laugh:
yooo I am! :h:

I personally hate the spec, so so boring and question 3 is messy :angry:
Reply 27
Seriously?
Coursework is required in IGCSE as its 60% CW so i dont know what your school is playing at but yeah..
S&L you want to aim for A which is 26/30 to Get A
22/30 Is B
18/30 is C
and ect

what is the whole IGCSE out of, like the writing CW added to S&L and the paper
Original post by caitlinford3
yooo I am! :h:

I personally hate the spec, so so boring and question 3 is messy :angry:

Hey Q3 might be messy but its the easiest to score the highest as you only highlight some quotes and then write it word to word..

You should answer the questions as;

- Q3A (20Mins spent) (15 marks) (Reading)
---Q3B (25Mins spent)(5 marks) (Writing)

-Q1 Second (45Mins spent) (20 marks) +(Spend 25Mins planning)

-Q2 Last (30Mins) (10Marks)

Hey, i suggest you to complain to the headteacher or tell ur teacher ect or parents informing this issue.. 60% is more than the exam.. even if u get full marks in the exam you will only get a D. if lucky C if S&L included...

or maybe you are doing a different spec to Igcse Eng Lan 0522...
just incase find it and ask the teachers... also i think the schools are meant to send the CW 3 weeks after easter.
Original post by lilfitchy
what is the whole IGCSE out of, like the writing CW added to S&L and the paper

Hey..
The exam is out of 50marks + S&L is out of 30 and the CW is out of idk really.

But if you want A* overall you need is 103 ish marks... read some above its mention there.
Hey Q3 might be messy but its the easiest to score the highest as you only highlight some quotes and then write it word to word..

You should answer the questions as;

- Q3A (20Mins spent) (15 marks) (Reading)
---Q3B (25Mins spent)(5 marks) (Writing)

-Q1 Second (45Mins spent) (20 marks) +(Spend 25Mins planning)

-Q2 Last (30Mins) (10Marks)

Yeah I think I'm aware how to answer it considering the exam is less than a month away lmfao.. it's the easiest to gain marks but at the same time it's a hit and miss - you could have a relevant point but if it's not on the mark scheme you don't get the mark :smile:

edit: my teacher is an examiner and taught us to answer the questions chronologically
Original post by caitlinford3
Yeah I think I'm aware how to answer it considering the exam is less than a month away lmfao.. it's the easiest to gain marks but at the same time it's a hit and miss - you could have a relevant point but if it's not on the mark scheme you don't get the mark :smile:

edit: my teacher is an examiner and taught us to answer the questions chronologically

OH LOL.. im new anyways but if ur teacher is an examiner than thats amazing ask her for advice. xD i need help on Q1/2 .. Q3 is easy but 12 is hard xD
Reply 34
Hey, i suggest you to complain to the headteacher or tell ur teacher ect or parents informing this issue.. 60% is more than the exam.. even if u get full marks in the exam you will only get a D. if lucky C if S&L included...

or maybe you are doing a different spec to Igcse Eng Lan 0522...
just incase find it and ask the teachers... also i think the schools are meant to send the CW 3 weeks after Easter.

students in our school have already done their 3 pieces of coursework, I cant exactly remember but I think its Cambridge igcse first English language 0522 Edexcel...
but I will check what the exact spec is. :wink: thanks

:wink:
students in our school have already done their 3 pieces of coursework, I cant exactly remember but I think its Cambridge igcse first English language 0522 Edexcel...
but I will check what the exact spec is. :wink: thanks

:wink:

Yeah, the coursework is extremely easy its just the exam.. have u done ur cw?:colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
OH LOL.. im new anyways but if ur teacher is an examiner than thats amazing ask her for advice. xD i need help on Q1/2 .. Q3 is easy but 12 is hard xD

yeah she's a great teacher ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending