Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Central college of animal studies

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm 17 and trying to get funding for my course with central college of animal studies (CCOAS) but the college is not recognised on the government website so I have no idea where I'm going to get the money from. The course is a total of £18,000 over three years and my course starts next month!!!!!!!

    Which course are you looking to study?

    I've no experience with and never heard of the Central College of Animal Studies but I would be very weary of paying £18,000 if it is not recognised by government agencies. Just had a quick look at the website I may be wrong but I thought most colleges and universities had a .ac.uk site rather than .com which set off alarm bells so maybe try and speak to people who have studied and graduated from there.
    The RCVS website says they are accredited to provide "Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing" though they state many more courses on their website.

    Hopefully someone on here will be able to help point you in the right direction.
    • Thread Starter

    I'm looking to study the level 3 diploma in veterinary nursing. The college is run through different veterinary practices and is not one big institution which I think is why it's hard to find a funding agency that recognises it. I have already accepted my offer and found a placement which I am starting beginning of next month and if I don't find a way to pay the £6,000 each year I will have to withdraw my acceptance and drop out of my practical placement which I really do not want to do.

    Hi, did you find a way to fund your course? I've applied to start at ccoas in September and have applied for a loan from central vet services x
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 7, 2016
TSR Support Team
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.