The Student Room Group

where to apply??

hello! i'm an american student looking to get my master's in the UK. i just got my bachelor's degree in english a week ago from my uni here. i'll be taking a year off and applying for fall 2008. where should i apply? i've got solid but not spectacular grades. i'm planning to take taught courses- probably in 19th century literature (or maybe 18th, or maybe 20th- i don't know! we don't have specializations at my school). i would love to study in london but i'll probably apply a bunch of places throughout the UK to increase my chances of getting in somewhere. any recommendations? any american students studying in the UK who would like to share their application experiences? i am desperate for some advice. thanks!
Reply 1
There are a lot of unis in London, and most of them probably aren't that competitive. I think you'll need to be a bit more specific about your grades in order for us to help you.
Reply 2
well my GPA is 3.67. i also belong to an honors society and have won some writing contests (i don't know if that's something UK schools really care about). i know UK schools don't require the GRE like unis here do- what else do they look for? which london schools are somewhat easy to get into? would love some advice! please!

Latest

Trending

Trending