The Student Room Group

Bank of England A-level internship 2016

Hello,
This is my first week of using TSR so I may have set this up totally wrong (is it a forum or a thread) but...
Has anyone applied for the BoE internship and does anyone know the duration of the programme?
Extra brownie points for names of any work experience programmes still open for the summer in finance/professional services.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OwenG
Hello,
This is my first week of using TSR so I may have set this up totally wrong (is it a forum or a thread) but...
Has anyone applied for the BoE internship and does anyone know the duration of the programme?
Extra brownie points for names of any work experience programmes still open for the summer in finance/professional services.
Thanks

Hi I've just discovered this internship and I'm thinking of applying. BDO (audit firm) is still open for summer school internship applications. i have a place on this already so I'm not sure if i should apply for BoE bc i don't know if the dates will clash. but BoE is where i would like to work in the future.
Original post by OwenG
Hello,
Thanks

I just did the online tests, and didn't do well at all.
Numerical - think I got around 65%.
Verbal - think I got around 70%.
Reply 3
Does anyone know how long they take to get back to you after the numerical/verbal tests; and if they'll be interviewing at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What exactly is the recruitment process for BoE then?
Are there long answer questions on the application form or just the tests?
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by OwenG
What exactly is the recruitment process for BoE then?
Are there long answer questions on the application form or just the tests?
Thanks

No just the tests so far and filling in your subjects and grades in the application form,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by VokeA
No just the tests so far and filling in your subjects and grades in the application form,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok thanks :smile:
Just passed the online tests guys!!

does anyone know how many stages there are?
Well done! No idea how many stages there are though...

Btw, what was your numerical test about? Just wondering if we all do the same tests or if they are different for everyone...
Original post by thesmallman
Just passed the online tests guys!!

How long after completing the online application were you sent the tests?
Am I the only one who hasn't received the link for the online tests yet? i received the email saying "You will shortly be receiving an email from our test provider TALENT Q with the links and instructions to complete the online assessment." before 12pm today but its been almost 12 hours and i still haven't received it???
Reply 11
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Am I the only one who hasn't received the link for the online tests yet? i received the email saying "You will shortly be receiving an email from our test provider TALENT Q with the links and instructions to complete the online assessment." before 12pm today but its been almost 12 hours and i still haven't received it???

Don't worry it took days for me. I think within 5 working days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
When the results for the test come back
wtf i failed that test so hard every time i was about to put my answer in it was like "sorry you exceeded the time limit" fckkkkk
Passed the first stage of tests like a boss, now I've been sent to do the next stage of tests but apparently it's not timed which I think is a bit silly? Has anyone done the second stage of tests and does anyone know when this internship actually takes place ?
Reply 15
Original post by Daniel9998
Passed the first stage of tests like a boss, now I've been sent to do the next stage of tests but apparently it's not timed which I think is a bit silly? Has anyone done the second stage of tests and does anyone know when this internship actually takes place ?

I know it's during summer. I've done 2 of the 3 tests in the 2nd stage. I'm going to have to force myself to finish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I got through to stage 2 aswell does anyone know how long the internship is?
Original post by o.s.s15
I got through to stage 2 aswell does anyone know how long the internship is?

who knows, im assuming its about 2 months long (july-august)
hopefully not though, got other **** to do in the summer.
Reply 18
Original post by Daniel9998
who knows, im assuming its about 2 months long (july-august)
hopefully not though, got other **** to do in the summer.

I was hoping it would be one or two weeks, do we get paid since its an internship?
Original post by o.s.s15
I was hoping it would be one or two weeks, do we get paid since its an internship?

Well im just assuming, hopefully it is only a couple of weeks. Yeh it is paid but it wont be much

Quick Reply