Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Transferring Uni

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Im currently in the first year of my business management course in Cardiff Uni and I'm not really enjoying it. Its not what i thought it would be and I'm struggling with the exams I've got coming up. I did a BTEC in college which has made me wish id stuff to a HND which is something more similar instead of going down this route of lectures, seminars and reading!

If it wasn't for the fact I've put a deposit on a house for next year and my family are so proud and that I would probably quit on the spot.

Since I'm stuck here for the next year (should i actually pass) I would like to transfer to Swansea University, as I'm from Neath so could live at home which for me would make it so much easier! Im just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to transfer unis for the third and final year?

I was in a similar situation to you, however I luckily managed to transfer and get a place at Swansea before I even started my course at my previous uni.

I have read lots of information about transferring to a different uni in your second year, however since it is your third and final year I don't think a university would accept as transfer as the course content between the two universities could be much different. Plus I think most universities prefer if you do most of your degree with them, for the reason I stated earlier.

If you're really that desperate to go to Swansea, I would suggest dropping out of Cardiff for the remaining years and reapply next year for Swansea, however it would mean you would probably have to re-take your second year at Swansea in order to have a better chance at being accepted.

Here is a short article with some other information on the subject, I hope it's helpful!

Good Luck! Maybe I will see you at Swansea sometime in the near future!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.