The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rajive
Guys let's hope for the best and just print off the edexcel specification because after all they are only just testing things on the syllabus.

Think positive and aim for A*s as you will fall within the herd. I think that's the saying ....:colondollar:

Preach it Rajive
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
Haha thanks I hopes its interesting!! I'm sure you will get your A* I believe in you 👊🏽👊🏽. What other subjects are you doing

Aw :colondollar:, thanks and yep i hope so. Hope you also get the A*s you want!!!
At A-level I want to take chemistry biology maths and history. I also want to do the epq. What subjects are you doing?? :smile:
Original post by the-future-medic
Aw :colondollar:, thanks and yep i hope so. Hope you also get the A*s you want!!!
At A-level I want to take chemistry biology maths and history. I also want to do the epq. What subjects are you doing?? :smile:

Aww thanks!! What's the EPQ???
Woooooo we are twinning in biology and maths!! I wanted to do chemistry but I chose Spanish instead ( I don't know if I'm crazy yet) and the last one is economics. Omg you are a historian!!! Yo a person who can't write good essays at save her life (Yours Truly) you are very smart!!
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
Aww thanks!! What's the EPQ???
Woooooo we are twinning in biology and maths!! I wanted to do chemistry but I chose Spanish instead ( I don't know if I'm crazy yet) and the last one is economics. Omg you are a historian!!! Yo a person who can't write good essays at save her life (Yours Truly) you are very smart!!

The epq is also known as the extended project and you can choose an area that you want to look at. Yay.. that means that we can help each other for maths and biology. It's a good thing that you chose to do Spanish as you can get the feel of it and if you don't like it then I'm sure that you can change it to chemistry. :smile:
Yep..I'm a historian and I am sure that you can write really good essays.
Awww.. thank you so much :h:
Anyone got any predictions as to what questions will come up in the 2016 paper?
Original post by nikkipatelxx
Anyone got any predictions as to what questions will come up in the 2016 paper?

everything:h:
Original post by chrlhyms
That's what I was hoping, its because they disguise the question is such weird forms it makes simple pythag seem like 3d vectors or 3d cosine rule lol..

My friends dad said that they reuse questions when it gets to the end of a syllabus so i think it will either be harder than last year to make next years results with the new gcses look better or just rly easy for us

They don't reuse questions, your friends dad is lying. they will reuse concepts all the time never questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I did the 2015 Edexcel GCSE yesterday and scored 97. :frown:

I actually do AQA Maths and got 123/200 in my mocks.

Try IGCSE Edexcel see what that is like
Original post by Virolite
everything:h:

omg thanks for tht
omg thanks for tht

the sarcasm is strong with this one
I'm a B student trying to get an A, I use hegartymaths, it really helps.
If I put in a good 30 hours maths revision before the exams would i be able to get an A? I'm a low B at the moment.
omg thanks for tht

no i was bein serious!!!!
Reply 73
I hate Surds- any ideas on how to revise?

p.s. I got 110 on past paper- is that a B?
Reply 74
Original post by Kate34

Yeah that's a B
Original post by Kate34

Surds won't be a huge part of the paper - if you really don't get them then just work on other areas that are worth more marks that you feel you're struggling with.

And yeah, you need around 95 for a B usually so you're well in there :smile:
Reply 76
Hope the grade boundary for an A is like 130, I need that A
Reply 77
Original post by NiamhM1801
Surds won't be a huge part of the paper - if you really don't get them then just work on other areas that are worth more marks that you feel you're struggling with.

And yeah, you need around 95 for a B usually so you're well in there :smile:

Thank you- that's a relief!
Apparently it's gonna get harder. That's what my teacher told me. The non calculator would have a lot of questions testing your mental maths and also different tricks one could use to solve weird and hard questions.
Original post by yuvraj31100
Apparently it's gonna get harder. That's what my teacher told me. The non calculator would have a lot of questions testing your mental maths and also different tricks one could use to solve weird and hard questions.

There's loads of mental maths in the non calculator paper anyway - they use paper 1 to test your maths and paper 2 to test your logic and application of the maths you use imo

Quick Reply

Latest