Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

- Notification of a General Election -

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

(Original post by Aph)
    I wouldn't be too sure.
    When push comes to shove, I think they'd at the very least consider it. It's only the Liberals who aren't particularly left wing, and I'd hardly call your party conservative.

I suppose it depends on the influence the Liberals have in the coalition.

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You mean make the deficit even bigger?

They had no way to pay for it this term, what makes you think they will next term?
    I doubt they'll do that. I don't have the figures in front of me; I'm pretty sure they could make some small spending cuts, perhaps even implement new taxes.

The General Election Has Begun! :eek:
Updated: April 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.