The Student Room Group

Applying to Helsenki School of Economics (HSE)...

hey everybody, i`m applying to HSE for the BSc program in Business Technology, and i took the SAT for that , i score 1810 (Writing 630, Math 600, Reading 580) , and the school asked for a minimum 1550 (Writing 500, Math+Reading 1050).. so i think i`m in the clear but i`m still abit worried... :confused:
Has anyone been to that school ?.. or even know about their admission standards?.. and to those who are from Finland, how hard is it to integrate into the student life/life in Finland ??
thank you all for ur time
Is the Finnish language going to be a problem for you, or are the courses taught in English?
Reply 2
well the course is actually taught in English yes.. but i`m still tryin to learn Finnish.. and it`s not exactly smooth sailing :biggrin:
Reply 3
I must admit I know nothing about HSE but I am a Finn, so maybe I'm allowed to say a few words:wink:

In Helsinki, people are usually more open-minded and friendly towards international students. Most people understand English very well but many are not very fond of speaking English because they think they don't speak it well enough. So, language shouldn't be a problem.

I must warn you, in case you didn't know it already, Finland can be pretty expensive country to live in. And most students (so it seems) like to get drunk on weekends. Of course, there's nothing unusual about that. It's just when they get drunk, they can get very, very, very drunk. Especially if you go to some summer festival. It can be quite interesting:rolleyes:

i'm not sure what else I should tell you about. If you have anything to ask, feel free to do so. I'd be happy to help:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending