The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) M2 Wednesday 18th May 2016

Poll

Raw marks for 90 UMS

Hi!
This is for discussion pre and post the up coming M2 exam :smile:
Lets start the discussion!

For past papers and mark schemes:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-mathematics-3890-3892-7890-7892/

For some older past papers:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/m2-ocr/

Scroll to see replies

How f*cked is everyone?
Original post by lyricalvibe
How f*cked is everyone?

The exams in 10 days and the mechanics has only clicked with me like a week ago. It'll definitely be one of my hardest AS exams :s-smilie:
Original post by Vanilla Poison
The exams in 10 days and the mechanics has only clicked with me like a week ago. It'll definitely be one of my hardest AS exams :s-smilie:

You chose M2 as an AS module? Props to you if you're coping well 👍 I've only started doing well with it this week but I'm really bad with moments and restitution currently. How many papers have you done?
How f*cked is everyone?

On a scale of 1-10, approx 72 :shot:
Original post by tinkerbella~
On a scale of 1-10, approx 72 :shot:

But you didn't define the scale :rolleyes: it could be the higher the better and you're just really sure you're gonna get full ums :wink: are you doing further or..?
But you didn't define the scale :rolleyes: it could be the higher the better and you're just really sure you're gonna get full ums :wink: are you doing further or..?

Technicalities :tongue: aiming for a strong B at the moment, praying for a nice paper that I can struggle through somehow. Yeah I do Further :smile: you?
Reply 7
Aiming for a strong B at the moment, praying for a nice paper that I can struggle through somehow.

Original post by Zacken

You actually have no idea, but thanks.
You chose M2 as an AS module? Props to you if you're coping well 👍 I've only started doing well with it this week but I'm really bad with moments and restitution currently. How many papers have you done?

Our college decided to make us take M2 for further maths :angry: Done around 10 past papers so far. Some of those moments questions can be nasty, especially on the 2015 paper. Let's hope they don't **** us over now.
Not really a mechanics question but i always get confused on how they mark ECF. Can you get all marks for a correct method using an incorrect answer from a previous question or do you drop the accuracy marks for the second question too?
Reply 11
Not really a mechanics question but i always get confused on how they mark ECF. Can you get all marks for a correct method using an incorrect answer from a previous question or do you drop the accuracy marks for the second question too?

You drop the accuracy marks for the second question too unless the accuracy mark is specified as A1 ft in which case you get the accuracy mark; I think A1 ft marks don't crop up too often though so best not to rely on them.
Original post by Zacken
You drop the accuracy marks for the second question too unless the accuracy mark is specified as A1 ft in which case you get the accuracy mark; I think A1 ft marks don't crop up too often though so best not to rely on them.

It was A1ft, guess I got lucky. Thanks.
Our college decided to make us take M2 for further maths :angry: Done around 10 past papers so far. Some of those moments questions can be nasty, especially on the 2015 paper. Let's hope they don't **** us over now.

I did the 2015 paper as a mock last week! How did you do? My whole class did really bad
Original post by swagmister
I did the 2015 paper as a mock last week! How did you do? My whole class did really bad

Did it some time ago, but I remember screwing up on the second part of the ladder question. Apart from that I did fairly well but did lose marks on the circular motion question, should've paid more attention. How's revision?
Did it some time ago, but I remember screwing up on the second part of the ladder question. Apart from that I did fairly well but did lose marks on the circular motion question, should've paid more attention. How's revision?

I messed up the ladder question too, alright I got a C in the 2015 test though which has me really worried but I've had mostly As previously and like I said everyone in my class did really bad in it. Just going to do loads more past papers, you?
I messed up the ladder question too, alright I got a C in the 2015 test though which has me really worried but I've had mostly As previously and like I said everyone in my class did really bad in it. Just going to do loads more past papers, you?

Yep gonna do all the papers I can get my hands on, not much else I can do. The only thing bothering me is that we have core 1 on the same day :frown:
Yep gonna do all the papers I can get my hands on, not much else I can do. The only thing bothering me is that we have core 1 on the same day :frown:

Yeah same at least it's just c1 rather than s1 or c2. Turns out half the class got Us on the 2015 paper so I guess I did alright lol
Yeah same at least it's just c1 rather than s1 or c2. Turns out half the class got Us on the 2015 paper so I guess I did alright lol

Pretty much the same story for our class. I'm so glad we have the S1 test later on. I actually get higher marks in M2 than stats, absolutely hate permutations and combinations...
Pretty much the same story for our class. I'm so glad we have the S1 test later on. I actually get higher marks in M2 than stats, absolutely hate permutations and combinations...

Ah right I do better in stats I don't mind permutations and combinations but I don't like regression because there's so many chances to get things wrong like adding stuff up incorrectly

Quick Reply

Latest