The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) D1 Wednesday 15th June 2016

Hi!
This is for discussion pre and post the up coming D1 exam :smile:
Lets start the discussion!

For past papers and mark schemes:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-mathematics-3890-3892-7890-7892/

For some older past papers:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/d1-ocr/

Scroll to see replies

How is it going? I'm so stuck on D1, the basic questions are okay but it's the ones that asks you to derive eqns for number of arcs, list possible number of nodes etc etc questions that's getting me:frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Christina Tiana
How is it going? I'm so stuck on D1, the basic questions are okay but it's the ones that asks you to derive eqns for number of arcs, list possible number of nodes etc etc questions that's getting me:frown:

Yeah I'd say I'm similar, D1 is definitely the most time consuming paper I think.
Original post by TheNicholas
Yeah I'd say I'm similar, D1 is definitely the most time consuming paper I think.

How are you getting past the questions? I'm even considering getting a tutor but seems like nobody teaches d1, it's meant to be a toss module
Reply 4
Original post by Christina Tiana
How are you getting past the questions? I'm even considering getting a tutor but seems like nobody teaches d1, it's meant to be a toss module

I just kept doing past paper questions and looking at the mark schemes until I saw patterns really.
Reply 5
I feel like this thread is the epitome of D1 :lol:
I can do all the algorithms fine, but it's usually the wordy-style questions that trip me up...

Anyone have any techniques for the exam? I always start from the back and do the paper backwards, makes it easier for some reason...
Starting to do past papers for this now, I hope we don't get too many long-winded questions in exam, hopefully I can at least finish it! D2 was good this year, so lets D1 will be just as good!
Reply 7
In the last 4 years, grade boundary for an A has been 55 exactly.

Only problem I have is interpreting some questions, like LP, and time.
Reply 9

Jan 2010 question 6 is much worse
Reply 10
Hey could anyone tell me where I can find the d1 2015 paper, or post a link? I've done it as a mock and didn't do so well in it so I'd like to have another go.
Is there a systematic way of doing 2ii (in the link I posted above) rather than trial and error?
Original post by SGHD26716
Jan 2010 question 6 is much worse

Question 4 in that paper epitomises OCR's trolling at its finest...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by rebirth61213
Question 4 in that paper epitomises OCR's trolling at its finest...

That paper was just disgusting.

The D1 chief examiner is a joker. In D1 Jan 13, question 5 is a LP based in a bakery. The guy is called Roland Neede.

(roll and kneed as you do to dough)
Reply 14
Original post by rebirth61213
Is there a systematic way of doing 2ii (in the link I posted above) rather than trial and error?

I don't think there is. I think it is just OCR testing us of graph theory
Reply 15
Not really feeling confident for D1, could somebody briefly run through graph theory basics please? I feel least confident in this.
Good luck for tomorrow everyone :smile: I personally CANNOT wait to get D1 out of the way, what a waste of time :'(
Reply 17
Original post by rich1334
Good luck for tomorrow everyone :smile: I personally CANNOT wait to get D1 out of the way, what a waste of time :'(

It is a shame I can't just do M1 again 😂
Aw, I love D1, is great fun.
The exam is a bit weird though, I'll admit that
Reply 19
Anyone know where I can get the 2015 paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending