The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrokenLife
I know! That shook all my foundations being a good Muslim tbh. I was blown away even more after bringing that verse to my male family members who justified it and i was like 'WTH?!'

Original post by WBZ144
My brother's justification was that this verse only applied to cases of financial transactions and that it was no longer relevant because women are much better educated in financial matters nowadays. He forgets the fact that all four of the Sunni schools of thought equated two female witnesses to one male in all matters.

Okay, you cannot suggest that anything in the Quran is irrelevant. And to suggest it is irrelevant due to time is no exception as the Quran is eternal and with always apply.

If you guys watch the video, he mentions the quotation of woman's view being half of a mans. Also the correct way to follow Islam is by following the sunnnah; The messenger of Allah pbuh and following the Quran.
Don't use the fact that there are different schools of thought put you off anything. They don't definitely disagree with one another and say the other isn't right, are you going to suggest that because some people move their finger during tashahhud in prayer or some people keep it still is a reason for the abandonment of faith toward Islam. Saying it's too hard to follow? By small things like these it's too hard to follow?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SuperStar#7
Listen up mate, because it's clear that you have never done any substantial research into the Bible apart from classes in school.

The Gospels account of John, was written at the time of Jesus. Maybe I should write that again. AT THE TIME OF JESUS. You moron. All this nonsense about the new testament being written after the time of Jesus not only shows your ignorance but shows your desperation, because we have historians who Origen who gave commentaries on those verses 40 years after the death of christ, testifying that the Gospel of John was written at the time of Christ, the writer is unknown, I will give you that, but the time it was written is known to most theological scholars as around 1-2 AD.

Next argument.

Hahaha... The Gospels of John you pathetic idiot were not written by the apostle you're referring to. This is a facade by the church. The only reference in the book is "John" and the vast majority of what you read today are editions written over a hundred years after the dead of Jesus.

And no - actual scholars date it between 90-110 - that is the FIRST edition, before it was changed.

You're an absolute wimp. It's ridiculous that you're completely twisting what you're saying to fit different posts. Once you say the Bible does not reflect what Jesus is and said, the other you use it as the authority.

Next argument indeed. You've clearly lost this.
The difference is that he asked for the context behind this, so i gave it to him.

Muslims talk about the context before an argument is even laid out.

No one asked you for context Vegita.
You just supplied it.
Original post by fire_and_ice
The translation argument is a strong and perfectly rational defence, which clearly, you fail to understand. There are some things which cannot be rephrased in another language in a manner that perfectly suffices the meaning and emphasis. But then again, it's no surprise considering how stubborn, ignorant and narrow-minded you seem to be.

Of course you "don't read that rubbish", lol. You wouldn't understand it, anyway.

It's also 'your'.

Right the Religion for the whole of mankind and humanity has bits that can only be read in an obscure language.

Seems correct.

You're the ignorant narrow minded one here, thinking that the translation argument holds any basis to actual theological scholars.

And when I meant the "I don't read that rubbish" i was referring to the daily mail and the sun you idiot.

I've read and understand the Qur'an.

I understand that it is a book filled with more contradictions than a Zakir Naik lecture.
Original post by Al-farhan
No one asked you for context Vegita.
You just supplied it.

1. That's not "Vegita"

2. That's not even how you spell Vegeta :facepalm2:

3. The guy said that there isn't any explanation as to why Paul wrote that verse. Al, i did was explain the reason why Paul wrote that verse during his evangelism.

It's not the same about muslims screaming context before anyone even talks about the Qur'an.
Original post by BrokenLife
'bothered'...talked about tone. There's a way to ask as well without sounding rude and defensive. As if all have to agree with their views. Well, you know what? We are individual beings with different thoughts so calm it and accept that not everyone is going to share same views as you.

I've seen her posts on other threads too which reflect her defensive and narrow minded attitude towards criticism of Islam. that imo is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but I didn't pick up on any untowards tone in H's post, other than a legitimate question in any discussion.
It is clear though you have an issue with her that had not been caused by her post.
You could have just said yes I have read..etc and this is what I think........etc
Right the Religion for the whole of mankind and humanity has bits that can only be read in an obscure language.

Seems correct.

You're the ignorant narrow minded one here, thinking that the translation argument holds any basis to actual theological scholars.

And when I meant the "I don't read that rubbish" i was referring to the daily mail and the sun you idiot.

I understand that it is a book filled with more contradictions than a Zakir Naik lecture.

Haha you don't know the true tafseer of the Quran I bet you didn't even understand most of the words in the bad translation you probably read on a Islamic-hate website.
The more pure a language is, the harder it is to translate and the more in accurate a translation is.
Quran is the purist form of Arabic.

Seems correct.

Is that why you're on here asking questions about self-selected quotations taken out of context?

And actually, it does make a difference. Like I said, if you read that extract I provided you, you would have been exposed to the difference in meaning between Arabic and the English translation.

Forget Zakir Naik, even I agree he makes no sense.
Original post by *Stefan*
Hahaha... The Gospels of John you pathetic idiot were not written by the apostle you're referring to. This is a facade by the church. The only reference in the book is "John" and the vast majority of what you read today are editions written over a hundred years after the dead of Jesus.

And no - actual scholars date it between 90-110 - that is the FIRST edition, before it was changed.

You're an absolute wimp. It's ridiculous that you're completely twisting what you're saying to fit different posts. Once you say the Bible does not reflect what Jesus is and said, the other you use it as the authority.

Next argument indeed. You've clearly lost this.

What are you Dumb or Blind?

I just said that the writer of the Gospel of John is UNKNOWN. Moron.

:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

I never said that it was John the apostle that wrote the book, all i said was that the general consensus towards the book of John is that it is infact written at the time of Christ. You ignorant dummy

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/gopel-of-john-commentary-who-wrote-the-gospel-of-john-and-how-historical-is-it/

Provide proof of where these actual scholars date it to be from 90-110 AD.

I'm waiting you embarrassment.
The translation argument is a strong and perfectly rational defence, which clearly, you fail to understand. There are some things which cannot be rephrased in another language in a manner that perfectly suffices the meaning and emphasis. But then again, it's no surprise considering how stubborn, ignorant and narrow-minded you seem to be.

Of course you "don't read that rubbish", lol. You wouldn't understand it, anyway.

It's also 'your'.

he failed foundation year, don't bother wasting your time with him.
1. That's not "Vegita"

2. That's not even how you spell Vegeta :facepalm2:

3. The guy said that there isn't any explanation as to why Paul wrote that verse. Al, i did was explain the reason why Paul wrote that verse during his evangelism.

It's not the same about muslims screaming context before anyone even talks about the Qur'an.

1,2- No one cares
3-Show me where
4- Muslims give the reasons as the person may be basing something false on a misquoted verse, and revealing the context behind it is a legitimate answer.
Is that why you're on here asking questions about self-selected quotations taken out of context?

And actually, it does make a difference. Like I said, if you read that extract I provided you, you would have been exposed to the difference in meaning between Arabic and the English translation.

Forget Zakir Naik, even I agree he makes no sense.

Knew it.

An Islamic argument isn't a true one without that word "context" being thrown around.

You see, this is where your ignorance comes in, as the only question I asked about why the explanation of Muhammed claiming that women are mentally deficient to men comes from the Hadith, and not the Qur'an.

Hahaha.

This is why I love arguing with muslims. They don't even know their own book.
Original post by SAhm95

Who?!
But even then their failure is no reason to not engage with him reasonably, until it is proven pointless.
Original post by SAhm95

It would have helped if someone told me earlier...

Thanks, though. I give up, anyway. Don't want to lose any more brain cells trying to explain the significance of the 'translation argument' (as he/she/the moron puts it).
Original post by Al-farhan
Who?!

@SuperStar#7
Original post by SAhm95

And what proof do you have of this?

Is the Islamic agenda now to tarnish my Image?

I'm going to King's in September, clearly you're misled.
Knew it.

An Islamic argument isn't a true one without that word "context" being thrown around.

You see, this is where your ignorance comes in, as the only question I asked about why the explanation of Muhammed claiming that women are mentally deficient to men comes from the Hadith, and not the Qur'an.

Hahaha.

This is why I love arguing with muslims. They don't even know their own book.

Ite cool. Now shut up and enjoy your failing life.

Aren't you the banned dude zinan or zininn or something along those lines.
How many times have you been banned?!
Ite cool. Now shut up and enjoy your failing life.

Have you run out of points now?

u made a thread about it on your main account, everyone knows.

Quick Reply