The Student Room Group

mens designer shoes

looking for help here can anyone advise me on where to buy a pair of black slip on shoes
with a budget of £800
as long as they are a men's 12/13
Have you had a look at Grensons? They're very nice quality shoes...
If you're in London go to a luxury department store like Liberty, Harvey Nichols, Harrods etc. Level of service is amazing (💁) and you'll find what you want.

IIRC, HN sell a pair of black Louboutins for about that price.
Original post by Ellipses
Have you had a look at Grensons? They're very nice quality shoes...

They don't do black slip on, nice shoes though.
OP with £800 you can buy any shoe that's worth having, for about half of that.

http://www.church-footwear.com/uk/en/collection/men/A29569SXF0AAB
thanks @hezzlington, @IFoundWonderland and @Ellipses i have found a nice pair of zegna's but i am looking at saks fifth avenue there some good pairs by versace
Original post by jamesthehustler
thanks @hezzlington, @IFoundWonderland and @Ellipses i have found a nice pair of zegna's but i am looking at saks fifth avenue there some good pairs by versace

Versace loafers aren't great quality. As a customer put it - you're paying for the fashion, not the comfort. If you want the brand, I'd go for Gucci or McQueen - or Oliver Sweeney.
Lmao are yall mad? £800 for shoes ?!

That's enough for 4 outfits at the least, with enough left over for chicken & chips :laugh:
Original post by -Quixotic-
Lmao are yall mad? £800 for shoes ?!

That's enough for 4 outfits at the least, with enough left over for chicken & chips :laugh:

in the jewellery trade you have to match the merchandise so £800 shoes and £5,000 tuxedos are just part of the job along with daytime drinking, cigar smoking, a coke habit and the biggest saloon car you can find say a merc s500 or maybach s600

Original post by IFoundWonderland
Versace loafers aren't great quality. As a customer put it - you're paying for the fashion, not the comfort. If you want the brand, I'd go for Gucci or McQueen - or Oliver Sweeney.

i do agree it just matches the suit but i think i might need a replacement so i'll probably shop the whole set in one go
in the jewellery trade you have to match the merchandise so £800 shoes and £5,000 tuxedos are just part of the job along with daytime drinking, cigar smoking, a coke habit and the biggest saloon car you can find say a merc s500 or maybach s600

i do agree it just matches the suit but i think i might need a replacement so i'll probably shop the whole set in one go

ah ok

stay humble and hustle hard :smile:

Tuxedo?

Why are you wearing a tuxedo to work?
£800 for a pair of shoes?
What is going on?
It has to be a joke.
Original post by hezzlington
Tuxedo?

Why are you wearing a tuxedo to work?

when you are talking big buck jewelery your lookit at £100,000 a piece stuff even at 10% commission that decent for a couple of weeks work

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by -Quixotic-
ah ok

stay humble and hustle hard :smile:

thank you and do the same
when you are talking big buck jewelery your lookit at £100,000 a piece stuff even at 10% commission that decent for a couple of weeks work

Spoiler

that doesn't answer the question as to why you need to wear a tuxedo.

Why don't you wear a suit instead?
Original post by hezzlington
that doesn't answer the question as to why you need to wear a tuxedo.

Why don't you wear a suit instead?

i could but a tux just cuts through a little more but mostly i wear suits for small fry clients (under £50,000 budget) or just casual clothes if i'm making a cargo run (pick up or drop off for something b2b)

Quick Reply

Latest