The Student Room Group

Concerned brother's girlfriend is bad news for him...

I don't usually poke my nose into his business- however, I feel his girlfriend is bad news for him. Reasons been, she has a sort of shady past, prior to my brother getting with her she openly used to slate her former boyfriend. Openly admitted to colleagues that she didn't even love her bf, and that the sex was good- and that was it.

She has been seen in the town centre sat on his lap before, this was while my brother was seeing her (and they weren't official). She claimed they were patching things up and that he was possessive and wouldn't let go.

All sounds odd to me. I can't even believe my brother is falling for this rubbish. She comes across in person as really lovely, yes she's well mannered, however, thats just it. She is so nice that it just feels too creepy. This is why it shocked me so much when she slated her former boyfriend.

I don't think my brother trusts her, but he's sort of with her because he is filling his own void, and validating his own sense of self-esteem. My brother is emotionally unstable, and has a habit of picking partners that are narcissistic and 'leaches'.

The last girlfriend he had drove him to attempt suicide.

Note; my brother is in his mid-twenties, so he isn't young. Has no life outside work, works a menial job he hates, and spends most his cooped up indoors.

Me and him are polar opposites- I went off to uni, have travelled places, have a wide network of friends, and am engaged and about to move out folks home, he is a bit of a recluse, angry person inside, involved in low level criminality. I do feel sorry for him- in the sense he's stuck in a rut with his life.

She is very well-to-do, wealthy and about to go to uni, she's very charming in the sense that I just feel something odd about her.

I don't think she's doing his mental health any favours.

What do I do?
She is probably a psycho or something, those girls who seem to sweet usually are.

Anyway it doesn't matter, you won't get between him and his piece of pussy, a lot of men are willing to pay anything for it, he will find out on his own if the price is worth it.
Your Brother sounds a lot like me... Being in a relationship, any relationship makes you feel better and you look past a lot of things because you don't want to be alone.

I can tell your very concerned for your brother but ultimately it's his decision and he has to make his own mind up about her.

The best thing you can do is be supportive and be there for him... My family aren't and I've struggled badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to let him make his own path he kind of sounds like me in some ways as a bit of a loser but you kind of sound like you look down on him.
Original post by karl pilkington
You have to let him make his own path he kind of sounds like me in some ways as a bit of a loser but you kind of sound like you look down on him.

Don't judge people if you don't know them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lambert87
Don't judge people if you don't know them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the OP is literally asking us to judge her brother's girlfriend even though we don't know any of the people involved....
It feels to me like there isn't an immense amount to go off.

Let your brother make his own mistakes, just be there for him.
Original post by Retired_Messiah

Worst advice ever
Reply 8
If you're that concerned, first instincts are usually right - try setting him up with one of your friends?
Original post by TaintedLight
Worst advice ever

Well there's option one here of just sorta letting it go along for a bit, option 2 is telling the girl to **** off, which will potentially piss of the brother. Option 3 being telling your brother that you think she's bad news, he'll take that as you telling him to get her to **** off, which might again piss him off, seeing as you don't have anything immensely solid to get at when trying to prove that the girl is a ****.

Option's 2 and 3 are effectively a lose-lose situation, and as such you're better off becoming the human embodiment of the kermit "that's none of my business" meme.

That one
She has money? Tell him to trap her with a kid £$€
Well there's option one here of just sorta letting it go along for a bit, option 2 is telling the girl to **** off, which will potentially piss of the brother. Option 3 being telling your brother that you think she's bad news, he'll take that as you telling him to get her to **** off, which might again piss him off, seeing as you don't have anything immensely solid to get at when trying to prove that the girl is a ****.

Option's 2 and 3 are effectively a lose-lose situation, and as such you're better off becoming the human embodiment of the kermit "that's none of my business" meme.

My brother won't tell me to **** off. We also share the same gene pool for commonsense and making good decisions.

Speaking of which I'm glad tsr got rid of those dolphins.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
I don't usually poke my nose into his business- however, I feel his girlfriend is bad news for him. Reasons been, she has a sort of shady past, prior to my brother getting with her she openly used to slate her former boyfriend. Openly admitted to colleagues that she didn't even love her bf, and that the sex was good- and that was it.

She has been seen in the town centre sat on his lap before, this was while my brother was seeing her (and they weren't official). She claimed they were patching things up and that he was possessive and wouldn't let go.

All sounds odd to me. I can't even believe my brother is falling for this rubbish. She comes across in person as really lovely, yes she's well mannered, however, thats just it. She is so nice that it just feels too creepy. This is why it shocked me so much when she slated her former boyfriend.

I don't think my brother trusts her, but he's sort of with her because he is filling his own void, and validating his own sense of self-esteem. My brother is emotionally unstable, and has a habit of picking partners that are narcissistic and 'leaches'.

The last girlfriend he had drove him to attempt suicide.

Note; my brother is in his mid-twenties, so he isn't young. Has no life outside work, works a menial job he hates, and spends most his cooped up indoors.

Me and him are polar opposites- I went off to uni, have travelled places, have a wide network of friends, and am engaged and about to move out folks home, he is a bit of a recluse, angry person inside, involved in low level criminality. I do feel sorry for him- in the sense he's stuck in a rut with his life.

She is very well-to-do, wealthy and about to go to uni, she's very charming in the sense that I just feel something odd about her.

I don't think she's doing his mental health any favours.

What do I do?

Leave them alone.
Original post by georgiaswift
But the OP is literally asking us to judge her brother's girlfriend even though we don't know any of the people involved....

There is judging on the situation and there is judging on the person itself.

I agree with what your saying but I think there is a difference

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending