The Student Room Group

The Wrong A Level Choices?

I was unsure of what subjects to choose going into sixth form. I wanted English, Art and Further Maths, or Bio Chem and Further Maths. I decided on Biology, Chemistry, Art, Maths and Further Maths. About 2 months in I dropped art because I hated the teacher and it was far too much work doing 5 subjects. Worst decision I've ever made! I wish I'd chosen the more artsy subjects, and the only reason I didn't choose them is because I was worried about not getting a job in the future. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy science like, but I know I should have done art and English with mathematics. I'm really not looking forward to next year but I know my school will let me swap around subjects and maybe even do AS and A2 art in a year. I am a capable student so they are okay with it, but I wish I'd chosen eng/art from the start. Is there anything else I could do other than repeat lower sixth???thanks:smile:
still smart you dropped it after 2 months
I dropped maths a month ago now so 6 months in:lol:
Original post by Ishea16
still smart you dropped it after 2 months
I dropped maths a month ago now so 6 months in:lol:

Yeah it deffo would have been too much work, but wish I'd dropped chemistry or something:frown: awk well at least you were able to, there's people in my school that wanted to drop a subject and the teachers wouldn't let them no matter how many times they requested it:/ but aye that'll be a bit less pressure on you I guess:smile:
Original post by Tashakinns3.14
Yeah it deffo would have been too much work, but wish I'd dropped chemistry or something:frown: awk well at least you were able to, there's people in my school that wanted to drop a subject and the teachers wouldn't let them no matter how many times they requested it:/ but aye that'll be a bit less pressure on you I guess:smile:

well in the xmas holidays i only revised for maths because i was so determined to do well but it didnt work out and now i have to revise everything from scratch for my other subjects,
it does make me frustrated that i wasted so much time with maths
but then i think no knowledge is a waste so what if im not going to be tested for it, its good to know stuff:smile:
Original post by Ishea16
well in the xmas holidays i only revised for maths because i was so determined to do well but it didnt work out and now i have to revise everything from scratch for my other subjects,
it does make me frustrated that i wasted so much time with maths
but then i think no knowledge is a waste so what if im not going to be tested for it, its good to know stuff:smile:

I know how you feel that's what I'll feel like if I decide to take art and English next year..but oh well lol and that is acc such a good point like learning is never a waste that is so true:smile:
Original post by Tashakinns3.14
I know how you feel that's what I'll feel like if I decide to take art and English next year..but oh well lol and that is acc such a good point like learning is never a waste that is so true:smile:

yeah, its a lesson learned though:biggrin:
aw thanks:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest