Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The never ending cycle of sleepness nights

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So recently I've been feeling myself slip into this sense of no direction, no motivation and no confidence. I've left my revision too late for my AS Level exams to get the grades I desire which is A's and B's only, I'm trying so bloody hard to balance everything including a sporting commitment and a part time job and I just j can't cope anymore. I'm crying as I write this because I'm just so desperate for someone to throw me a life ring and I'm drowning. I got an E in my Spanish mock which has completely thrown my confidence off and my family have expressed deeply their disappointment for this as I am usually a straight A student - the y don't get that this isn't possible at AS!! I'm a music producer in my own time and my DREAM job is to be as successful as DJ's like Martin Garrix and Hardwell but that won't happen. So I'm now clutching at straws of vague ideas when THAT is what I want to do with my life... But if it doesn't happen then what do I do?? I'm running on empty... I've got such early starts every morning to cram everything in, I've not been. Sleeping for the past 2 weeks hardly and I can't sleep because I'm so stressed and I just can't cope and I'm failing and I don't know how to get out and I just wish I could sleep and I can't talk to my family about it due to personal reasons, I've tried talking to teachers and they don't help and my friends don't help either by saying "you'll be fine" I just can't cope

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are overdoing it.

Can't you take a break from the job and sport in order to focus on your AS Levels?

Sounds like you are stressed to the point that you can't think clearly or sleep.

Maybe try Nytol tablets to help you sleep.

Lack of sleep affects your mood a lot.

Just try to relax first because you're overthinking things.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.