The Student Room Group

Fear of motorways ! 😳😫

Is anyone else scared of driving on the motorway ??? I've been passed for three years but don't drive that much, only to places where I'm familiar with. I have to commute for work next week and I'm so scared of driving on the motorway ! I've never drove on the motorway in my life. Someone give me some tips please.
Reply 1
Like all things in life, practice makes perfect. Motorways can be daunting at first but once you know what to expect it's is a piece of cake. I'd recommend you go on the motorway/practice your route before you start your commute as you don't want that added worry on your first day at the job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I LOVE MOTORWAYS. NO JOKE. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!

Especially the m6 stretch from the Scottish border to Manchester. When you join on everyone is driving so fast. It's great to see since there are no speed cameras and everyone usually does 90 max. Everytime we are there my dad is doing about 115mph and he is being overtaken by so many people. It gives me so much satisfaction and I love motorways more than anything to do with roads.

Motorways are simple though. It should be a nice relaxing cruise. Drive at the speed you are comfortable at. Just be sure you are in the right lane for both: junction turnings and also other traffic wise. It's bloody annoying when some idiot is in the top lane doing 70mph and everyone is waiting to get past.

Just drive relaxingly.

Spoiler

Original post by Stk1010
Like all things in life, practice makes perfect. Motorways can be daunting at first but once you know what to expect it's is a piece of cake. I'd recommend you go on the motorway/practice your route before you start your commute as you don't want that added worry on your first day at the job!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to practice but I don't have an experienced driver to sit next to me, just for a bit of confidence. Should I just go on my own ??
Reply 4
Original post by littlemissmaya
I want to practice but I don't have an experienced driver to sit next to me, just for a bit of confidence. Should I just go on my own ??

Maybe you could contact your old instructor? They're usually willing to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending