The Student Room Group

Is it true that pi in maths isno longer gonna be 3.14

is it true I had an email of it ,Does any1 know about it??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mayu123
is it true I had an email of it ,Does any1 know about it??

Lol
It's true, did you see the attachment about how to reprogram your calculator with the right value?
your exam sheet will tell you what value of π to use .... otherwise just use your calculator button for π
Reply 4
Your fears on this matter are totally irrational. The effect radius for this change is sufficiently small, so there's no need to go off on a tangent.
Reply 5
is this troll?
Reply 6
Nah, everyone knows it's 3.142 :rolleyes:

The paper tells you what value to use, if it doesn't the calculator has a button
Reply 7
Original post by Dez
Your fears on this matter are totally irrational. The effect radius for this change is sufficiently small, so there's no need to go off on a tangent.

Circular argument
The American state of Indiana almost passed a law changing the value of pi to 3.2 once.
Original post by Dez

Your post, taken in the round, encompasses everything I thought about the matter myself, and fulfils a useful function in allaying fears that may have been produced in mathematical circles.
ayyy lmao
Original post by Andy98
Circular argument

:five:

:rave:
well that is π taken care of....

is everyone sorted for e ?
Reply 13
Original post by the bear
:five:

:rave:

:top:

Original post by the bear
well that is π taken care of....

is everyone sorted for e ?

That's an unbearable extra, that we could go on about eternally, so let's not give that one any powers of our attention.
JUST USE PI ON THE CALCULATOR .... Who told you this cause whoever told you this is well i don't even know but ...
Yes it'll change to 3.0 on Sept 2017, to avoid confusion
Was this on April 1st?
τ\tau for the win! But no, π\pi doesn't change.
That would suck considering I know 100 digits of pi
Yes, I get emails about pi every so often.

I signed up to Gregg's newsletter :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest