The Student Room Group

Horrible busy junctions when turning right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wait for gap in the traffic from the right, which is safe enough and large enough to give oncoming vehicles a chance to avoid broadsiding you. Shut down that lane, then just wait. Nice people do exist, which is hard to believe sometimes, and will let you turn right. Works in a bus.
Reply 21
Luckily there are just about one or two junctions where its hard to get out of in peak times. But if its going to take an age to get out I will just go a different way:smile: .
Reply 22
There are thousands of posting on difficulty of turning right at busy junctions. Statistics shows maximum accidents occur at junctions. I think it is infrastructure problem. Should not all junctions be controlled by traffic lights to ensure safety instead of creep and peep or blocking cars on the other side, making people pissed and causing dangerous situation. Some junctions are so busy that you will not get a safe gap even if you sit down whole day. Here comes our stupid, bureaucratic government who does not want to invest in infrastructure to make our roads safe though government statistics indicates that maximum number of accidents are happening at busy junctions. So, I will suggest to collect signatures from your community and to send that to local council to introduce traffic light at busy junctions to ensure road safety. If every community does that, hopefully it will be enough for these government idiots to wake up and to do something.
Original post by sacsal
There are thousands of posting on difficulty of turning right at busy junctions. Statistics shows maximum accidents occur at junctions. I think it is infrastructure problem. Should not all junctions be controlled by traffic lights to ensure safety instead of creep and peep or blocking cars on the other side, making people pissed and causing dangerous situation. Some junctions are so busy that you will not get a safe gap even if you sit down whole day. Here comes our stupid, bureaucratic government who does not want to invest in infrastructure to make our roads safe though government statistics indicates that maximum number of accidents are happening at busy junctions. So, I will suggest to collect signatures from your community and to send that to local council to introduce traffic light at busy junctions to ensure road safety. If every community does that, hopefully it will be enough for these government idiots to wake up and to do something.

Mate this thread is nearly 10 years old. You're a bit late I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest