The Student Room Group

Medicine Applicants from Indian Curriculum

Hi

I would like to apply to Medical school for 2017 entry,

Am currently studying in Grade 12, CBSE, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Physical Education & English as the subjects.

Are there any applicants from the CBSE/ ISC curriculum who got accepted for 2015/ 2016 entry? What were the Grade 12 / UKCAT / BMAT scores that were acceptable for an interview call? And for an offer?

mks
Hi, I'm a cbse graduate who has got into med school this year
which medical schools accept the CBSE curriculum..

I know of Birmingham, Nottingham & Newcastle...

Any others??
Only about 15-30% of med schools in the U.K. accept CBSE grads.
So, It is definitely more competitive for us since our options are quite limited.

Here are the med schools I applied to(they do accept cbse students):

Birmingham
Leeds
Brighton and sussex medical school
Queen's university Belfast
Kings college London(for Biomed)

I do know that the following unis also accept students from CBSE curriculum ( Don't quote me on this though):

King's college London(Medicine)
Newcastle
Dundee
Cardiff( only for the 6 year course)
Liverpool
Lancaster
Bristol
University of east anglia

I'm sure there are more than this, but you'll have to contact the universities/check their website to find out.

If have other questions regarding getting into medicine in the U.K. do not hesitate to contact me!
Original post by mkshyderabad
Hi

I would like to apply to Medical school for 2017 entry,

Am currently studying in Grade 12, CBSE, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Physical Education & English as the subjects.

Are there any applicants from the CBSE/ ISC curriculum who got accepted for 2015/ 2016 entry? What were the Grade 12 / UKCAT / BMAT scores that were acceptable for an interview call? And for an offer?

mks
Hi i am studying the same subjects in cbse and preparing for ukcat .. Did you get any information about this ?
Hi ! I am doing the same subjects in cbse this year and also preparing for the ukcat . Did you get any information?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending