The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

GCSE help!!!

So i am a current year 11 student and i am aspiring to go to Duhram university. I hope to achieve the following grades at GCSE.
History A*
Geograpghy A*
Philosophy and Ethics A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Science Core A
Science Additional A
Textiles A
Maths B

Should all go well would i be in a good position to apply to Duhram with a good chance of success? And if not could anyone recommend me universitys like Duhram? I hope to study History or Politics for my degree and will be taking History, Gov and politics, Philosophy and Ethics and English literature at A-level with the presumption that i will obtain good grades in all. It may also be worth noting that i go to a poor performance school and would be sorted into the "disadvantaged postcode" category also. I know it may be a little early to be worrying but i could really use an honest person to shed some light on my grades, whilst i know that my A-level grades will be more important, i really just want to know if my GCSE grades (if obtained) would hold me back in anyway. Thank you for any help in advance.
I got 2A*'s for my GCSE's, a few A's and a C (Foundation French lel), at A-levels I got 2A*'s (in physics and maths) and a high A (further maths) - I got in no problem, I guess to get an offer it depends on what your AS grades were/will be and what you're predicted in A2, also your personal statement is important but you've got a while till you have to worry about that

But generally if you're capable in your a-levels then you should be fine for university, thus get an offer made
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by themancunian
I got 2A*'s for my GCSE's, a few A's and a C (Foundation French lel), at A-levels I got 2A*'s (in physics and maths) and a high A (further maths) - I got in no problem, I guess to get an offer it depends on what your AS grades were/will be and what you're predicted in A2, also your personal statement is important but you've got a while till you have to worry about that

But generally if you're capable in your a-levels then you should be fine for university, thus get an offer made

Thats really good to hear thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending