The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm hoping i get at least AABBC / AAABC. I'm also wanting to do Law, but i'm sure you won't necessarily need AAAAB if you want to go to Edinburgh / other Scottish Unis. Where about are you planning on going to? The minimum requirement for Edinburgh is BBBB, so i'm guessing you'd get a firm unconditional with grades close to AAABB, and a conditional with ABBBB/AABBB.
Reply 2
Yeah I'm hoping so. Especially since I go to a LEAPS school. It's AAAAB for Glas but they say they'll give conditionals up to ABBBB but I'd rather be sure :smile: Yeah I don't knows why it says that for Edinburgh, because they said at a law event I went to that you would unlikey get in with BBBB and the average was AAAAB... so I'm just hoping I get that :smile:. I'm hoping for Edinburgh or Glasgow... yourself?
Reply 3
Edinburgh is my definate first choice, if i don't get an offer i'll cry :p: I wouldn't turn down Glasgow or Dundee though, both have credible Law departments. About the grades...i believe, in some cases, an exceptional personal statement can compensate for a lack in grades. For example, my cousin is in her second year of Law at Edinburgh. She got the equivalent of AABBB, and wrote a dam good personal statement, including all the extra curricular activities she had taken part in. She was offered an Unconditional, yet her friend who had higher grades (AAABB i believe) was turned down due to a mediocre personal statement.

I'll be certain to spend a 'long' time on mine, just to be safe :smile:
Reply 4
I thought people applying to law would hope to go to Aberdeen because it's the top institute for law in Scotland (3rd in UK). My sister's going this year with a conditional offer of AABB.
I'm hoping for AAAAB to get into dentistry but I think it's going to be more like AAABB.
Reply 5
Was predicted AAABB. I think I've got AAAAC at best, and BBBBD at worst. Either way I'm in at Glasgow. :smile:
Reply 6
scotie07
I thought people applying to law would hope to go to Aberdeen because it's the top institute for law in Scotland (3rd in UK). My sister's going this year with a conditional offer of AABB.
I'm hoping for AAAAB to get into dentistry but I think it's going to be more like AAABB.

AABB is a very fair conditional offer. I guess i should be ok if i get AAABC.
I only need 2As and 3Bs to meet my offer (Acc&Fin) at Lancaster and I'm going to be seriously disappointed if I don't meet that considering that I got 4As and a B in the prelim.
I've done enough to meet the advanced higher part of my conditions :smile:

Good luck with meeting your conditions everyone. Seems to be alot of people going to university after 5th year in this thread.
I need 5As to do medicine but I doubt that's what i'll get. At best I think I'll get AAAAA at worst AAAAB
I need BBBB though I think I would possibly get AAABD or AAACD, would I get rejected for the latter?
Reply 11
I'm not entirely sure. Some Universities, such as Dundee, 'change' grades to suit: (eg. An AAAAC would become an AAABB, etc) Therefore, yours would probably change to ABBBB or perhaps even BBBBB, 'if' the University has this system running.
i need 2 B's at AH. hopefully i got that.
Reply 13
I think I maybe got ABB (French, English, Bio.) Hopefully not worse, but you never know. :s-smilie: Biology could be a C, and French a B, I suppose...but fingers crossed. Eek, I'm nervous now, and there's sooo long to wait!

I don't need anything, as such; but I'm deciding which universities to apply to based on my grades so it would be nice if they went well. :smile:
I was predicted 5 A's, but I'm expecting AAABB at best. At worst, ABBBC, but I could probably appeal for a couple of those.
And I don't really 'need' anything as such, because I still don't have a clue what I want to do :redface:
Reply 15
I think I have:

AABC at best.
ABFF at worst.
ABCF realisically.
scotie07

Yeah.... I feel academically I'd be better at Aberdeen but I think it's a bit small for me :smile: So very torn...
I want to do medicine, so that's AAAAB mimimum.

At best: AAAAA
At worst: AABBB
At best AAABB
At worst AAACF
Reply 19
At Best - ABB
At Worst BCC

Latest

Trending

Trending