Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need advice from Pakistanis / Muslims. Potentially ruined my reputation.

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

I thought you got pregnant or something

Fgs you're 23 why are you still listening to everything your mother says?

(Original post by cuddle_me_in)
    I don't think anyone will directly confront me about it. There'll just be rumours going around behind my back (if anything is said).
    I'm afraid I can't really advise much more for the gossip issue other than deny it. People will always gossip it and the sin of their talking is on their heads.

From the religious viewpoint, repentance is always there for you.

Narrated Ibn Mas`ud:
    A man kissed a woman (unlawfully) and then went to the Prophet (ﷺ) and informed him. Allah revealed: And offer prayers perfectly At the two ends of the day And in some hours of the night (i.e. the five compulsory prayers). Verily! good deeds remove (annul) the evil deeds (small sins) (11.114). The man asked Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), "Is it for me?" He said, "It is for all my followers."

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ بْنُ زُرَيْعٍ، عَنْ سُلَيْمَانَ التَّيْمِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي عُثْمَانَ النَّهْدِيِّ، عَنِ ابْنِ مَسْعُودٍ، أَنَّ رَجُلاً، أَصَابَ مِنَ امْرَأَةٍ قُبْلَةً، فَأَتَى النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَخْبَرَهُ، فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ ‏{‏أَقِمِ الصَّلاَةَ طَرَفَىِ النَّهَارِ وَزُلَفًا مِنَ اللَّيْلِ إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئَاتِ‏} ‏.‏ فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَلِي هَذَا قَالَ ‏"‏ لِجَمِيعِ أُمَّتِي كُلِّهِمْ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 526
    In-book reference : Book 9, Hadith 5
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 10, Hadith 504
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

(Original post by cuddle_me_in)
    Thank you for your advice. I won't ever be doing that again.

It's not really a Muslim issue, it's an issue within the South Asian community. The situation could have been just as bad if I was Sikh / Hindu. I asked for advice from Muslims because I thought that they might be able to offer me some religious guidance / solace (since I'm Muslim myself).
    OP, I feel so sorry for you right now, you should have the freedom to do whatever you want, wherever you want (as long as it's not harmful to anyone else) without being scared of your family finding out. I'm sorry if you think this is offensive but this is why some whites think your culture is poisonous. You're in the UK, you should be free

Find it interesting how the primary concern that OP has isn't about the fact that she has sinned, but what the community will think about when they find out.

Looks like human beings care more about judgement than Allah does! Surely that's backwards?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    A kiss can potentially lead to sex. Where do you draw the line?
    "Well, I don't know what happened, one minute we were having a kiss in a restaurant and the next thing we knew all our clothes were on top of the table and his penis was inside me. It's a really blurry line, honest to God."
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.