The Student Room Group

Going to a country alone for a 17 year old

So me and my friend had planned to travel to Macedonia next year, I had found a few things that interested me there and I wanted to see, I want to also explore for places because I want to travel and get more education so I would like to go to different countries and see if they are nice, now I wanted to go with parents but they want me to go somewhere else, and I asked if I saved and went alone would I be able to, my mum said yes if it's possible.
Now I looked up that you can fly at 16 there as it's considered an adult ticket from 16+ but my question is, would there be places like apartments, hotels, villas anything that would take me and my friend? We will be both 17 at the time. I really want to travel and such and Macedonia is one of the main places I want to visit
Try not to get Taken.
Original post by Mactotaur
Try not to get Taken.

Especially if your dad isn't an ex-CIA agent

:rofl:
Reply 3
Original post by Legendary Quest
Especially if your dad isn't an ex-CIA agent

:rofl:

Will try not to haha
Reply 4
you can try my country :smile: Turkey

Posted from TSR Mobile
The airline requirements may be different to the country's laws. For example I went to Spain and Portugal alone at 17. Spain was no problem. Portuguese law however said that in order to enter, I would need written parental permission- this caused problems when trying to check in to a hotel (they almost called social services). Best check with the Macedonian embassy. It's somewhere I'd love to go myself.
I went alone to Canada when I was 15. So I don't think 16 is the limit. You should stay with some relatives or family friends at least, to be on the safe side.

Quick Reply

Latest