The Student Room Group

AS levels choices...

Just made an account here, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum.
I have picked 4 AS levels, but nothing is certain yet.

Geography
Biology
History
English Lit

Would this combination work? It seems abstract to take biology but geography is a bit sciency? I have considered taking chemistry along with biology but I fear I am not good enough to take it!
I may take RS and government and politics instead of biology and geography. I want to do history at university.

A2 Levels possibly: English lit, history and biology...
Hi, and i believe this is the correct forum.

There appears nothing wrong with those choices, and i don't think they'll obstruct you getting into university for your chosen subject.

Having a different subject (contrasting) is often seen as a good thing, especially at AS.
Reply 2
I would think History is all you "need", you do have a good range of different subjects, that could amongst other things keep you from getting tired of essay subjects or show any possible uni's your variety.

I can give an example of one of my frieds.
AS
Add maths
History
Physics
Classics

A
History
Classics
maths/physics
Reply 3
Sounds good to me. Don't worry if your subjects seem abstract, nobody's bothered! If anything it leaves you more choice when you decide to chuck one of em.
Reply 4
That’s a perfect combination – you’ve chosen four subjects which are rigorous and well respected, and thanks to Biology there’s even some variety. You shouldn’t have any problems doing History at university with that combination.
They're fine :smile: You don't need any specific subjects for history other than history itself, so you just need to take subjects you enjoy and will do well in, and it's good to have a bit of variety.
Reply 6
the subjects are ok, but geography is more of an art than a science
Reply 7
HI I have chose similar a levels

history
geography
biology
sociology

i am in the same position as you wether to take biology instead of sociology, bearing in mind i want to do a geography degree. I am sure if you enjoy the subject you will no doubt excel in it. Best of luck to you!

nickobicko
Just made an account here, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum.
I have picked 4 AS levels, but nothing is certain yet.

Geography
Biology
History
English Lit

Would this combination work? It seems abstract to take biology but geography is a bit sciency? I have considered taking chemistry along with biology but I fear I am not good enough to take it!
I may take RS and government and politics instead of biology and geography. I want to do history at university.

A2 Levels possibly: English lit, history and biology...
Reply 8
Thanks for all the replies, very positive so far!

Latest