The Student Room Group

~Subject Question~Please Attention~

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i think its the most relevant..

I am Doing my yr 12 atm
with the Following AS subjects
Applied ICT
Maths
Physics
I want to study Mechanical Engineering in a hopefully good "Redbrick" university.
My question is this.. if i drop Applied ICT in A2..and do AS further maths instead,
I will end up with these
A2 MAThs
A2 Physics
AS applied Ict
As Further Math

Will my chances drop in getting into a good university? :s-smilie:
Please post your opinion.
Thanks

Universities like Bath Require A in maths A in physics and B in a third subject.
Not absolutely certain, but I'm pretty sure most good universities will want 3A2s, especially for something like engineering - probably your best bet would be to take up AS further maths and keep your other 3 subjects as well.

I'm really no expert though, so your best bet is to email/ring a couple of admissions tutors and ask.

xx
Reply 2
Depends what you mean by good.
Most universities require 3 A2, as said by the person above.
Could you not do A2 Maths, Physics, ICT and AS further maths at the same time?
:smile:
Reply 3
Doesn't completely wreck your chances but it's definitely preferable to have 3 A2s. It certainly means you'd have no chance of Oxbridge, though.
Reply 4
Hmmm maybe il d sum A2 maths over the summer to lessen the burden~
Reply 5
WoW~~~~~I am going to study MEng as well. In my opinion, you must do three A2s......Most top universities need very good results in three A2s like AAA or AAB. Some of them do not accept 2 AS and 2 A2:mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending