We're the representatives of the House of Commons on the Student Room and we'd like to ask you for your input to an inquiry that a committee of MPs are holding. Your comments will help inform the work of the Committee!
- How is homophobia being tackled at school?
- What actions are taken by teachers and coaches involved in youth and amateur sport to ensure homophobia is challenged at any early stage?
- Does football have a particular problem with homophobia in comparison to other sports?
- Is homophobic abuse more of an issue in traditionally “masculine” sports? And looking specifically at the experience of women who play sport: is there more acceptance in the female game or is homophobia just as prevalent amongst women?
The House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee would like to hear your thoughts to help inform their homophobia in sport inquiry. Your comments will be used to help identify who should be called before the committee to be asked about this issue and what questions should be asked of them as well as in the Committee's report.
- What effect has the advent of social media had on discrimination in sport, in general?
Please share any personal experiences or general comments that you may have. If you would like to remain anonymous, you can share your stories through the Committee webpage.
We will be taking comments posted before the 29 April so if you fancy having a say be sure to post before then! If you have any questions please do let us know and we'll be happy to answer them if we can.
Homophobia in Sport: share your thoughts with MPs
|TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >>||17-10-2016|