The Student Room Group

Starting to think I'll never find anyone

So I'm 22 years old and I have not had a girlfriend for over 3 years this is because my last relationship ended so badly that I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't date anyone again unless I had a good feeling about them. I have been on quite a few dates but nothing has ever come of it and now all my friends are getting into serious relationships whilst I'm still on my single and on my own.

Some of my friends say I don't realise how lucky I am because I can do what I want when I want unlike them but it is starting to get me down because I'm single.

What should I do?
At least youve had a relationship :biggrin:

If you're ready to move on, and make sure you are try just enjoying life but in a social environment

This means just do what you like but go to a social event for it, eg your sport/music/art/event interests and you'll eventually find someone similar to you:tongue:

ironically, you need to happy alone before you can be happy with a partner so bear that in mind, youre not having a relationship for them to fix you or mend you, you want one to share goodness with not out of desperation:smile:

In the meantime just work on you!:h:

1) your hobbies
2) your health if needed
3) your personality if needed esp confidence!

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Break your promise, try getting know new people, and see if you like them afterwards...

"good feeling about them" - you cant really guess it or let initial feelings to guide you, give girls a chance.
Hang in there champ! You're still so young, so I don't think there's really anything to worry about. Don't think about 'what-ifs' and just enjoy your single years, because someone is likely to come along, steal your heart, and lock you down! Then you'll be all like 'I miss being single', haha.

Seriously though, just embrace your status :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending