The Student Room Group

What is a 'beta'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RugbyFierce
Beta = earrings, skinny jeans, top knob, shy, virgin, weak, short, 'woman like'.

INCOMING ANGRY PEOPLE WITH TOP KNOBS ON THEIR HEADS.

If you go to a hair stylist and ask for a top knob rather than a top knot I'd like to see what they do.
Original post by RugbyFierce
If your head is 'round' then I'm afraid you're a defect. Or you're fat....?Not sure you understand camera angles either.

So jelly, do you even lift or are you a beat certified male ?

are you kidding me ? http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/plagiocephaly/Pages/Introduction.aspx

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/in-depth/healthy-baby/art-20045964
doesn't even necessarily need to be uneven just oddly flat.

I do understand camera angles, and that from the side your skull projects outwards (?)

the only jelly in my life is haribo
Original post by mscaffrey
If you go to a hair stylist and ask for a top knob rather than a top knot I'd like to see what they do.

Same thing.
Original post by Anonymous
are you kidding me ? http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/plagiocephaly/Pages/Introduction.aspx

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/in-depth/healthy-baby/art-20045964
doesn't even necessarily need to be uneven just oddly flat.

I do understand camera angles, and that from the side your skull projects outwards (?)

the only jelly in my life is haribo

I think you're upset because your heads shaped like a football. The back of your head should curvetill about in line with your ear then you should be able to feel it goes in abit more and then drops to your neck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mscaffrey

Original post by Wewuz Hebrews
It goes further than that, being civilised, polite, working hard, playing fair, getting married, having a normal job are all beta traits.

Actual Alpha traits generally lead to prison or death.

Alpha = drug use, promiscuity, violence, criminality, drug dealing, impregnating married women.

You seem to be confusing "alpha male" with "complete waste of space". An alpha male is supposed to be the epitome of what a man should be - he doesn't need drugs to enjoy himself because he's comfortable just being himself; he rarely uses violence because he is slow to anger and has superb reasoning skills; he doesn't commit crime because he uses his skills to better himself and make money by legal means; he doesn't sleep with married women because he has morals. In fact, the person you've described there would be a beta male - unsteady lifestyle, no control, acts on impulse, ridiculously selfish.
Original post by the bear

:rofl:
Original post by WoodyMKC
You seem to be confusing "alpha male" with "complete waste of space". An alpha male is supposed to be the epitome of what a man should be - he doesn't need drugs to enjoy himself because he's comfortable just being himself; he rarely uses violence because he is slow to anger and has superb reasoning skills; he doesn't commit crime because he uses his skills to better himself and make money by legal means; he doesn't sleep with married women because he has morals. In fact, the person you've described there would be a beta male - unsteady lifestyle, no control, acts on impulse, ridiculously selfish.

That's the point, I'm not arguing that Alpha is superior to Beta, Bill Gates is extremely Beta but he has done more for humanity than most people with his technological developments and philanthropy.

In terms of child rearing it refers to the scale of some people having fewer children but spending more time with each, ensuring they go to the best schools and taking care of them in a very hands on way, or at the opposite end of the spectrum, those who make tonnes of babies but literally never meet them. It's not a social pat on the back for those who follow Judeo-Christian/enlightenment values, it's simply a description of behaviours.

EDIT: Interesting you should mention reasoning skills, I would consider them to be Beta rather than Alpha. Beta argues from a point of reason, using statistical data, expert opinions, logic to attempt to determine the truth. Alpha shouts you down, bullies and intimidates and threatens even if he is wrong in the factual sense.

Smoking is bad for because the data says so = Beta

Smoking is bad for you, because I say so = Alpha
(edited 7 years ago)
A BS concept, in my opinion. :lol:
Believeteam22 is a good example of a beta.
Original post by Anonymous
Believeteam22 is a good example of a beta.

Would someone going Anon to throw shade not be a good example of a beta? :holmes:

Spoiler

Original post by acupofgreentea
Would someone going Anon to throw shade not be a good example of a beta? :holmes:

Spoiler

That post was by me lol
a beta male is all people who go around claiming they're alpha but are secretly insecure of their small dicks and lack of masculinity.
Original post by chikane
That post was by me lol

It was a joke, anyway. :lol: You're awesome. :yep:
Original post by acupofgreentea
It was a joke, anyway. :lol: You're awesome. :yep:

Lol thankyou hun but you were right with what you said though which is why i replied.
This whole alpha and beta and delta is stupid though :biggrin:.
Original post by Wewuz Hebrews
That's the point, I'm not arguing that Alpha is superior to Beta, Bill Gates is extremely Beta but he has done more for humanity than most people with his technological developments and philanthropy.

In terms of child rearing it refers to the scale of some people having fewer children but spending more time with each, ensuring they go to the best schools and taking care of them in a very hands on way, or at the opposite end of the spectrum, those who make tonnes of babies but literally never meet them. It's not a social pat on the back for those who follow Judeo-Christian/enlightenment values, it's simply a description of behaviours.

EDIT: Interesting you should mention reasoning skills, I would consider them to be Beta rather than Alpha. Beta argues from a point of reason, using statistical data, expert opinions, logic to attempt to determine the truth. Alpha shouts you down, bullies and intimidates and threatens even if he is wrong in the factual sense.

Smoking is bad for because the data says so = Beta

Smoking is bad for you, because I say so = Alpha

You need to re-read on these definitions, mate. You seem to view an alpha male as a bullyish thug when an alpha male is far from. An alpha male is a popular guy who you can't dislike. Popular, smooth, honest, intelligent, diplomatic, classy. Think James Bond. Only beta males act on emotion.

Quick Reply

Latest