The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Looking at Lace Market Studios

I was strolling through the Lace Market and saw the show room they have for one of their studios and was amazed by it. The price is relatively cheap and some include balconies. A lot of what's there are major selling points.

I decided to go for the £160 option which has 22m^2 floor space, double bed and balcony, but the problem is that they expect the residents to pay the entirety of the first installment on the 1st August, which is around a month and a half before moving in and getting student finance.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do about this or is this the kind of thing that's set in stone? I'd really love to live there, but paying such a large amount before getting there seems really difficult.
Have you checked you can afford this? If so, you could use a Santander overdraft of £1,500? I know that some places will take so much money and then pay the rest after you get finance. Give them a ring and ask. I'm watching Lace Market studios getting built out of my window now, it looks like it will be smart

- Cam
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by TTD187
I was strolling through the Lace Market and saw the show room they have for one of their studios and was amazed by it. The price is relatively cheap and some include balconies. A lot of what's there are major selling points.

I decided to go for the £160 option which has 22m^2 floor space, double bed and balcony, but the problem is that they expect the residents to pay the entirety of the first installment on the 1st August, which is around a month and a half before moving in and getting student finance.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do about this or is this the kind of thing that's set in stone? I'd really love to live there, but paying such a large amount before getting there seems really difficult.

A few private halls do ask for money before your student finance comes in - you can ask them but usually it's set in stone or everyone would ask them to change it. Also £160 is quite expensive and will eat up your loan quickly - you can get cheaper studios that are still nice. You don't have to spend so much money.
they changed the dates - now you don't have to pay until october 22 because that what i booked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending